Installed 4.20.3 and suddenly I can't open the editor anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EDITOR] Installed 4.20.3 and suddenly I can't open the editor anymore

I get an error LS-0019-**** as shown in the attached image.
    And this error obviously doesn't exist in the support center database, so I have no idea how to solve it.
    PORTFOLIO

Hi Claudio.

Please try the workaround identified by the user here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...019-is-pqr1603

Problem fixed!
    Right-click on your Epic Games launcher desktop shortcut Select “Properties” In the line labeled “Target,” add the following to the very end (after the quotation mark): -SkipBuildPatchPrereq It should look something like this: “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” -SkipBuildPatchPrereq
    Click “Apply” Double click the shortcut to run the launcher and try again and make sure to add the space between the quotation and dash
    edit: updated "solution" to say "workaround"
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 09-20-2018, 09:14 AM.
    Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
    Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
      Hi Claudio.

Please try the solution identified by the user here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...019-is-pqr1603
      Hi Stephen,
      It's not really a solution if I'm skipping the check for some allegedly new missing prerequisites. I specified new because I have 6 engine versions installed that do not present the problem. And the 4.20.2 did not present the problem either.
      PORTFOLIO

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudioPiccinni View Post

Hi Stephen,
        It's not really a solution if I'm skipping the check for some allegedly new missing prerequisites. I specified new because I have 6 engine versions installed that do not present the problem. And the 4.20.2 did not present the problem either.

Unfortunately it seems that 4.20.3 will be the last hotfix release. They stated that other bug fixes will be in 4.21.0 ...
        I avoided installing 4.20 and the mandatory VS2017 so far due to all the reported bugs with this release and people complaining.
        I hope 4.21.x will be more stable and with less bugs.
        Anyway it is not good having to deal with all of this. Hot-fixes should be released quickly and at least for the last three UE4 releases. Instead each UE4 release receives support for just a few months then it gets dropped with no bug fixes anymore and they require the jump to an all new release that will have more bugs along with more features. And each new UE4 release breaks compatibility with a lot of things BP,C++ wise and everything else. It can become a real nightmare having to deal with all of that. So many freeze their projects to a single UE4 release but that means with the bugs still there and no fix and no new features and no support from marketplace sellers for any asset and no updated features there as well because usually only the latest UE4 release gets everything.
        I'd like to see Epic Games fixing all of this once and for all.
        Or will there be no solution until Unreal Engine 5 becomes a reality? And maybe even that won't get any better at that?
        I'd prefer to see Epic Games solving these issues to ensure top-notch stability and reliability for Unreal Engine than the Unreal Studio beta free for another year. Even because anyway the Enterprise class Unreal Studio code still is affected by the same bugs as the standard Unreal Engine anyway.. so... that is not really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudioPiccinni View Post
          It's not really a solution if I'm skipping the check for some allegedly new missing prerequisites.
          You're right that the recommendation was only a possible temporary workaround and not a long term solution. I've updated my wording to say that.

I've reached out internally to see if we have any more understanding of this issue. It doesn't seem to be widespread, so it may not be a specific engine bug.

Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
          Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

You're right that the recommendation was only a possible temporary workaround and not a long term solution. I've updated my wording to say that.

I've reached out internally to see if we have any more understanding of this issue. It doesn't seem to be widespread, so it may not be a specific engine bug.
            Ok thank you Stephen.

I might have missed the memo, but is VS2017 really mandatory since 4.20? I have been using VS2015 Enterprise without any problems up to 4.20.2, and building/compiling several projects per week.

PORTFOLIO

Comment

Working...
            X