No announcement yet.

Official C# Support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted this when I started but I've gotten used to C++ combined with blueprints. I prefer this now. There was an unofficial project by someone at MS but I don't know the state of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post

Lul. what about the other way round. Like what about Unreal Users coming to Unity? I DEMAND C++ IN UNITY.
      See how stupid it is to demand something like this?
      It will be stupid if you demand c++ in unity for gameplay logic code.
      For Unity users, Epic provides this document https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...rted/FromUnity, this indicates that Epic wants to attract Unity users.
      The C++ in UE4 is coping delegate, event, property, attribute, module, GC and other features from C#, and the components concepts like Unity is doing. But most of these features are implemented using C++ macro and other hacks, it is hard for the C++ IDE to give a good intellisense for autocomplete and real-time syntax checking even the Visual Assist X is installed. Various compiling errors often happen in live streams and some tutorials on udemy. And the C++ style and API in UE4 is ugly like the 1990s e.g. still using Hungarian notation.
      Since Epic is comping features from C# and provides a guide for Unity users, why not do a more thorough?!

Comment

With C++ and UE4 even in the past i herd that its half baked and not as well done this is also why in the past i didnt even bother to even try C++ on UE4 so i stuck with
        the Blueprints to get things done.

Adding another programming language to the Engine is a positive but if the C++ on the engine the way it is isnt even that good well C# is out of the question and is almost
        a impossibility.
        Originally posted by MarkcusD View Post
        I wanted this when I started but I've gotten used to C++ combined with blueprints. I prefer this now. There was an unofficial project by someone at MS but I don't know the state of that.
        Im not the biggest fan of this engine at all its a Ok engine Yeah there is a special unofficial C# supported
        UE4 thats pretty much modded but its unofficial and it does not get as updated fast enough or even at all theres even a F# version.

Blueprints are fine but i dont know i tend to prefer to code in various cases, this also takes me back to when i made my own Hobby games in Blender with scripting in Python and Logic Bricking
        back years ago.

Comment

Working...
        X