X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenSSL Error when starting UE4Editor

Hello,

i hope this is the right topic.

So i had the problem when starting the epic games launcher that nothing happened after it updated it. But i needed unreal engine 4

So i build it from source code with this manual: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/GitHub_Setup

I then tried starting UE4Editor.exe but it crashed without error or showing up.
    After some research i found out it crashed in "UE4Editor-XMPP.dll" at the function "sha1_block_data_order".

So i thried to fix the error and managed to get it to work.

I just did this:
    - I opened "\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\OpenSSL\OpenSSL.Build.cs" and replaced all ocurrencies of "OpenSSL102Path" with "OpenSSL102hPath" where "Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64"
    - After trying to compile UE4 it returned an error. I just needed to rename "libeay32.lib" to "libeay.lib" and "ssleay32.lib" to "ssleay.lib"

After that i can start UE4Editor. Maybe te same problem is in the Epic Games launcher. I hope this helps someone.

My Computers specs:

Spoiler

Until the OpenSSL fix makes it into the launcher, you can create an environment variable called "OPENSSL_ia32cap" with the value ":~0x20000000d". (Both without the quote marks)

Comment

Originally posted by scottlafetra View Post
      Until the OpenSSL fix makes it into the launcher, you can create an environment variable called "OPENSSL_ia32cap" with the value ":~0x20000000d". (Both without the quote marks)
      Thanks, I had been looking for a solution for a while, and the only one I found was compiling the source code.
      Now the Epic Games Launcher works.

Comment

Working...
      X