Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elvince View Post
    Ben Zeigler
    Why the damage propety is captured on the Source Actor and not the Target actor ?
    Why did you choose to move by the DamageProperty before and not impacting directly the Health when damage are done? In the previous non official sample, the same approach was used, but I can find any sentence/comment that helps to understand the choice of this.
    What we're capturing there is the Damage attribute value that is being passed in from the source gameplay effect (which is the value that comes out of the damage curve table). Anything that lives "inside the gameplay effect" is captured from the source, not the target, and then you apply the results to the target. The use of the Damage property instead of health is not 100% required, but makes the math a bit easier, we found that when designers had to think of damage as "-health" it confused them and they had a hard time keeping track of the formulas

Also, posting here to point to the fact that we're doing a live stream Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
      Ben Zeigler

Got any more to say on that Ben....

What are the most immediate or striking problems from not going native for RPG?
      Ben Ziegler

I'd like to know too, please
      Last edited by motorsep; 08-01-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zeigler View Post

What we're capturing there is the Damage attribute value that is being passed in from the source gameplay effect (which is the value that comes out of the damage curve table). Anything that lives "inside the gameplay effect" is captured from the source, not the target, and then you apply the results to the target. The use of the Damage property instead of health is not 100% required, but makes the math a bit easier, we found that when designers had to think of damage as "-health" it confused them and they had a hard time keeping track of the formulas

Also, posting here to point to the fact that we're doing a live stream Thursday
        Thanks for the input.

I found some days before my mistake.I mixed the Captured DamageProperty on the source and DamageProperty on the target that is used to set damage value.
        At first read it was hard to follow the fact that you used the same property "damage" for Attacker Damage and Defender Damage.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Ben Ziegler

I'd like to know too, please
          please address this
          i would also like to know what i should not use blueprint for.

i have watched many tutorials and they all use blueprint for attacks (including registering damage) but this sample uses cpp to register damage.
          also from the documentation, inventory is using AssetManager? which is cpp.

other things i know about that we have to use cpp for is
          Nigeria and GAS only supports CPP but what is the difference between using GAS and making stats a variable in BP which most tutorials do?
          also AI is one issue i found to be frustrating to make when using BP to create and you guys have said multiple times to use cpp if there is a need for complex AI

also off topic but can you show some settings we can turn off in UE so that we can make our stuff with a lower end PC?
          Last edited by tidiii; 08-02-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X