Action rpg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action rpg

Hi. Were can i download the Action rpg sample for this document from epic? https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...mpleGames/ARPG.

Can't find the download link for it in the doc.

thanks

It's probably coming with the final 4.20 release. I've seen lots of fixes for it on GitHub.

Comment

Cool!! Do you have the github link?

Comment

I'm afraid that sample games aren't visible on GitHub

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

This one's going to be interesting for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Viking0077 View Post
              Hi. Were can i download the Action rpg sample for this document from epic? https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...mpleGames/ARPG.

Can't find the download link for it in the doc.

thanks
              This project is not out yet but will be sometime after the initial 4.20 release. I will have more information once it is out so stay tuned for the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Deiter View Post

This project is not out yet but will be sometime after the initial 4.20 release. I will have more information once it is out so stay tuned for the announcement.
                Hmmm, looks like you took the doc's down, says I do not have access to view that page. Was just curious what it looked like, but I can wait for release.

An ARPG sample project does sound awesome though, cant wait to try it out!!
                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Yeah, it was pulled back... While I was reading it

Comment

Hey

Cloud bring back documentation ? It was interesting while, even without access to code .
                    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

I would love to read that documentation too. Even if it's just work in progress

Comment

You can view the pages from google cache, just add cache: in front of the url in chrome

Comment

Hey Everybody,

I took the docs down because they are not done yet. As soon as they are completed I will bring them back online.

Cheers-

Sam Deiter

Comment

Hey Everybody,

I took the docs down because they are not done yet. As soon as they are completed I will bring them back online.
                            Still, it wass pretty good WIP. I quickly got how to approach gameplay abilities

I'd hope you, guys would have time to expand these part of docs on "Blueprint vs C++ workflow". Such docs would deserve even a few articles and its own section.
                            Quick examples:
                            - basic workflow, performance, approach to building a game
                            - what's not possible in Blueprints and what's takes longer time to write than in C++ (math, algorithms, data crunching)
                            - what C++ offers to people/teams that are capable to build entire game/prototype in BP - so why consider C++ from the start?

I got it "all" figured out, but it would be a huge help to new teams.
                            Last edited by Doctor Ergot; 06-27-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Dev View Post

Still, it wass pretty good WIP. I quickly got how to approach gameplay abilities

I'd hope you, guys would have time to expand these part of docs on "Blueprint vs C++ workflow". Such docs would deserve even a few articles and its own section.
                              Quick examples:
                              - basic workflow, performance, approach to building a game
                              - what's not possible in Blueprints and what's takes longer time to write than in C++ (math, algorithms, data crunching)
                              - what C++ offers to people/teams that are capable to build entire game/prototype in BP - so why consider C++ from the start?

I got it "all" figured out, but it would be a huge help to new teams.
                              There are actually documents in the works right now that address all of the above issues that you mentioned. I am also glad to hear that the documents in their current state helped you approach the Gameplay Abilities as this leads me to believe we are on the right track. This is a really hard system to document in a meaningful way as it is really complex with lots of moving parts. Make sure to check back when this is released. We are planning to do a lot more with this sample project than we have done with past sample projects. In the meantime, if you have any other suggestions please let me know so I can make sure it gets noted.
                              Last edited by Sam Deiter; 06-29-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X