keeping destroyed actors permanently destroyed on save and reload tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keeping destroyed actors permanently destroyed on save and reload tutorial

I have not seen much on keeping actors destroyed on save and reload, is it possible you guys could do a tutorial on this? or did I miss one somewhere? Seems like this would be an important thing.I have many actors that would be nice if they stayed destroyed, but all I have tried has not worked.
    Last edited by razmaz51; 06-18-2018, 09:17 PM.

Any ideas or tutorialls on this, seems it would be an important aspect with a lot of documentation.

Comment

Does Epic have any tutorials for this?

Comment

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Gameplay/SaveGame

Comment

It's not that easy.
          It is easier if you place these actors on the map in the editor.
          It's a different topic when these actors are spawned dynamically.

Comment

It is that easy... Every time an actor/enemy is killed/destroyed/etc, you add them to an array of "destroyed enemies" and when the game loads, it checks the game save file and performs a loop that destroys the actors that shouldn't be there.

If you have multiple levels, that the player can travel to and from, then you'll probably want an array of destroyed enemies per level. On level load, it will check the save and destroy what it needs to.

Comment

So where do i put the array?i mean , in what blueprint or area? I assume it is an integer. Then i need to add a loop node? And an IsDestroyed variable?how would i add an actor to the array after it is destroyed? —————————————————————-In my project i am using the “ Third Person Shooter Kit “ which has a progress save struct in it , i have used it to save traps and doors states after disabled. I am thinking i can add the actors to the struct list and use a group of nodes in the level blueprint to keep them destroyed after save and reload,i am just not sure what nodes to put there and in what order. it is on the level blueprint that the logic for the trap and door states are saved , all comming off the event begin play . Thanks for help
              Last edited by razmaz51; 06-27-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X