When will wiki be editable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will wiki be editable?

I have some ideas of tutorials that uncovered by wiki and want to add there.
    But all time that I use the wiki, editing is disabled. When this will changed?

++++++++++
    Rocketeer

my portfolio
    my youtube

Camera Volumes System
    Procedurally Instanced Meshes
    Simple Portals
    Water Flow For UDK
    Setup Swarm

Comment

yeah the wiki is pretty much dead, and many of the tutorials are related to previous versions of unreal engine 4
      "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Comment

We are currently in the process of updating the wiki. As soon as we are finished with that update we'll let everyone know!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Kalvothe View Post
          We are currently in the process of updating the wiki. As soon as we are finished with that update we'll let everyone know!

Thanks,
          So is the wiki dead or will it eventually return?

Since many aspects of UE4 are thin on documentation it would be a huge advantage for the community.

Comment

The wiki is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
              The wiki is dead.
              Thanks for confirming.

So after almost 2 years no one at Epic bothered removing this outdated wiki from the website's main menu
              or updating the "we're working on a new Wiki!" text. Epic public relations.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicLobster View Post
                So after almost 2 years no one at Epic bothered removing this outdated wiki from the website's main menu
                or updating the "we're working on a new Wiki!" text. Epic public relations.
                And it's even on the top of the list...

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiki.png
Views:	115
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1710954
                Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Softworks
                LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

The push to Enterprise along with an f'in game that begins with an F, has killed off everything.
                  Anyone ever wonder... If Epic had made less $$$, would things be worse, the same, or better?
                  Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 01-20-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Some what I miss a lot is RyanBs stuff...
                    After Fortnite he completely disappeared too, Fortnite takes all of his time I guess, even his own blog is pretty much dead.
                    I remember he used to write a lot of useful info, Rama too, in forums as well.
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I made a petition, guys. Let's make a change!

http://chng.it/H79gS6BP

Comment

Originally posted by jonathaj View Post
                        I made a petition, guys. Let's make a change!

http://chng.it/H79gS6BP
                        I don't think the problem is that they are unaware of the issue, but that they have either no resource or will to solve it.
                        Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Softworks
                        LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                        Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post
                          I don't think the problem is that they are unaware of the issue, but that they have either no resource or will to solve it.
                          Well, just to add, Epic are aware. They've hired, and are still hiring Technical Writers.
                          The real problem is we care, but UDN Customers below don't, so it just isn't a priority.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UE4Industries.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	1720734
                          Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 02-13-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X