• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BLUEPRINT] Mass is broken

Mass don't work as expected when simulating physics

(UE4.19)

Define 'does not work as expected'?

Comment

I think he expects the box to block the movement physics of the character (which is indeed something UE4 does not handle)
      however the last image almost appears to have a kick animation so I'm not sure
      Follow me on Twitter!
      Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
      Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Even if, you shouldn't be able to KICK 10000kg. Default mass of the Character Capsule is less than 100kg, the same goes for Capsules of PhysicsAssets

Comment

By default characters aren't treated as full physics objects, they are basically an immovable object.

Might try looking at this thread https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ted-by-ph.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
            I think he expects the box to block the movement physics of the character (which is indeed something UE4 does not handle)
            however the last image almost appears to have a kick animation so I'm not sure
            The character mesh does not have any collision. only collision capsule so animation do not affect this.
            FYI its an jump animation :P
            Last edited by Klikard; 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
              Define 'does not work as expected'?
              80 kg character shouldnt be able to move 10 tonnes

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                By default characters aren't treated as full physics objects, they are basically an immovable object.

Might try looking at this thread https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ted-by-ph.html
                i'll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Klikard View Post

80 kg character shouldnt be able to move 10 tonnes
                  There is special tab with settings in CMC - "Physics Interaction" or something like that, it has plenty of different settings that define how CMC interacts with other object.
                  Youtube Channel

Comment

Apparently the character mesh had collision on (caused the problem) I forgot about it since i was doing some ragdoll with it. but still i dont think this should affect this

Comment

Working...
                    X