Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass is broken

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [BLUEPRINT] Mass is broken

    Mass don't work as expected when simulating physics

    (UE4.19)

    #2
    Define 'does not work as expected'?

    Comment


      #3
      I think he expects the box to block the movement physics of the character (which is indeed something UE4 does not handle)
      however the last image almost appears to have a kick animation so I'm not sure
      Follow me on Twitter!
      Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
      Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

      Comment


        #4
        Even if, you shouldn't be able to KICK 10000kg. Default mass of the Character Capsule is less than 100kg, the same goes for Capsules of PhysicsAssets

        Comment


          #5
          By default characters aren't treated as full physics objects, they are basically an immovable object.

          Might try looking at this thread https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ted-by-ph.html

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Chosker View Post
            I think he expects the box to block the movement physics of the character (which is indeed something UE4 does not handle)
            however the last image almost appears to have a kick animation so I'm not sure
            The character mesh does not have any collision. only collision capsule so animation do not affect this.
            FYI its an jump animation :P
            Last edited by Klikard; 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ambershee View Post
              Define 'does not work as expected'?
              80 kg character shouldnt be able to move 10 tonnes

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                By default characters aren't treated as full physics objects, they are basically an immovable object.

                Might try looking at this thread https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ted-by-ph.html
                i'll check it out

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Klikard View Post

                  80 kg character shouldnt be able to move 10 tonnes
                  There is special tab with settings in CMC - "Physics Interaction" or something like that, it has plenty of different settings that define how CMC interacts with other object.
                  Youtube Channel

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Apparently the character mesh had collision on (caused the problem) I forgot about it since i was doing some ragdoll with it. but still i dont think this should affect this

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X