No announcement yet.

nvidia rtx lightmap baking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so.... like 14 months later and still no lightmap baking with rtx.. jeez....

Comment

Ray tracing has only been in the engine since April, and it's still experimental. So no

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        Ray tracing has only been in the engine since April, and it's still experimental. So no
        Supposedly there's some private prototyping going on with a new lightmap baker using raytracing. But there's nothing public yet afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          right but we have seen youtube videos with it in there... before the current rtx features were ever released. Was the whole reason i bought my rtx card lol... still havent used it for much.

Comment

I haven't seen any RTX light baking demos at all, the only references to it is ideas for doing it in the future

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post

right but we have seen youtube videos with it in there... before the current rtx features were ever released. Was the whole reason i bought my rtx card lol... still havent used it for much.
              The demo you're referring to was NVIDIA's demonstration and their own tools that they've developed, which can be seen in this video at around 7:00 minutes: https://youtu.be/tjf-1BxpR9c?t=419

That demonstration is not something that was developed by Epic even though it's using Unreal Engine 4. As pointed out on our own GDC Presentation for ray tracing features, it's a future initiative that we will work on.
              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

The demo you're referring to was NVIDIA's demonstration and their own tools that they've developed, which can be seen in this video at around 7:00 minutes: https://youtu.be/tjf-1BxpR9c?t=419

That demonstration is not something that was developed by Epic even though it's using Unreal Engine 4. As pointed out on our own GDC Presentation for ray tracing features, it's a future initiative that we will work on.
                Please push it to the forefront of tasks...

Comment

Working...
                X