Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am frankly in doubt, what additional information could I provide.

Would mean magnetic declination for place and time, when the issue occurred, be helpful ?

I know my telescope needs such calibration information, could Unreal Engine actually benefit from it as well? Possibly larger MMORPG maps?
    Sorry for the silly comments, but that was a pretty funny science comeback. I assume that was a bug report response?

Comment

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am frankly in doubt, what additional information could I provide.

Would mean magnetic declination for place and time, when the issue occurred, be helpful ?

Was this a response for the issue we are discussing? More conditions would be the use of NVidia card maybe? Seems a common denominator, as for processor it was reported several models.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Was this a response for the issue we are discussing? More conditions would be the use of NVidia card maybe? Seems a common denominator, as for processor it was reported several models.
        Yeah but.. I don' think I should put: take out whatever card you have installed and stick in MSI 1060 3gb as a reproduction step. dxdiag file should be enough.

The response for follow-up report with test project and hand-holding step by step guide to observing the issue reads as follows:
        Thanks for providing this information. I've updated UE-58676 with your sample project, repro steps, and a link to the UE forums thread discussing the issue.
        https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-58676

What was updated? How was it updated? What links were added? What steps?
        No clue.

It is not an issue with particles.
        It is not an issue, restricted to specific project.
        It is not an issue, restricted to editor only.
        It is not an issue specific to nvidia gpus.

Anyhow, the web is full of recent deteriorating stuttering complaints in some UE4 games, including fortnite.
        One gentleman mentioned stuttering on IOS render thread in 4.19.

It has nothing hardware specific at all. Absolutely nothing.
        Even if it is hardware specific, then it is not hardware specific at all.
        Hardware specific issues do not appear after a change in software out of thin air.
        If they, do, than it is definitely not to be blamed on hardware.

Comment

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...oblems-in-4-19
          Our butter smooth 30fps experience is gone after updating to 4.19. After testing countless of ini settings and tricks it seems that nothing helps.

Comment

I've been watching this problem since the first page of this thread since its been affecting me since 4.19.0. Initially it was tracked down to particles, but I always knew there was more to this story. I haven't worked with any projects that contain any of the causes listed here so far, yet I still experience the stutter. I've recently started working with UE4 on my laptop (surface book) in the last few weeks. The book can barely run UE4 as it is, yet surprisingly, no stutter. When I work on my desktop, it starts stuttering within 5 min until it cripples the engine.

For reference, both run Nvidia cards, and both have been working on the same project recently. Obviously there are severe stat differences in the machines, yet the more powerful one is suffering and the laptop isn't.

Agreeing with Deathrey that this can't be just a hardware issue. I've had the same hardware since I started with 4.13. 4.19 is the only engine version that produces this problem. I'd love to help solve this, but I really have no idea how to track down the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...oblems-in-4-19
              Our butter smooth 30fps experience is gone after updating to 4.19. After testing countless of ini settings and tricks it seems that nothing helps.
              How is stat renderthreadcommands looking for your between versions?

Comment

There are comparision shots. It's clearly show that on rendering thread is about 5ms slower on average. Performance is also quite spiky. All that Slate time is coming from that stat command. We don't use Slate.
                Attached Files

Comment

There are comparision shots. It's clearly show that on rendering thread is about 5ms slower on average. Performance is also quite spiky. All that Slate time is coming from that stat command. We don't use Slate.
                  on 419, is any entry slowing down with time? might take some time to notice.

Comment

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-58676

What was updated? How was it updated? What links were added? What steps?
                    No clue.

It is not an issue with particles.
                    It is not an issue, restricted to specific project.
                    It is not an issue, restricted to editor only.
                    It is not an issue specific to nvidia gpus.

Anyhow, the web is full of recent deteriorating stuttering complaints in some UE4 games, including fortnite.
                    One gentleman mentioned stuttering on IOS render thread in 4.19.

It has nothing hardware specific at all. Absolutely nothing.
                    Even if it is hardware specific, then it is not hardware specific at all.
                    Hardware specific issues do not appear after a change in software out of thin air.
                    If they, do, than it is definitely not to be blamed on hardware.
                    I agree 100%. To add to the OMG... target fix on 4.21... geez

Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

on 419, is any entry slowing down with time? might take some time to notice.
                      FDrawSceneCommand went from 22ms to 34ms after 15minutes. Everything else was about the same so and device was not hot so it wasn't just lower clock rates.

Comment

FDrawSceneCommand went from 22ms to 34ms after 15minutes. Everything else was about the same so and device was not hot so it wasn't just lower clock rates.

Yeah.. well, the truth is out there somewhere. I had not been able to pinpoint the exact change to blame yet.

Comment

Well... so far 4.19 has been an unpleasant experience indeed.
                          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Could you possible repeat this test, but give minute by minute times for 20-30 minutes? I want to plot a graph and fit a curve to see if it's a linear rate or an exponential rate. It would help rule out what kind of operations to look for in the source. I'm still convinced it's an x+=1 error of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by IronicParadox View Post

Could you possible repeat this test, but give minute by minute times for 20-30 minutes? I want to plot a graph and fit a curve to see if it's a linear rate or an exponential rate. It would help rule out what kind of operations to look for in the source. I'm still convinced it's an x+=1 error of some sort.
                              I can try but on mobile this will be quite problematic. Clock rates are constantly adjusted and overheating is also possibility. Maybe I can try to use profiling build that should disable some of these stuff.
                              I really don't belive that it is something as simple as that. I haven't managed to get simple reproducable project that also have this bug. My guess that it's something to do with threading and it's only show it self when there is enough load in first place.

Comment

I can try but on mobile this will be quite problematic. Clock rates are constantly adjusted and overheating is also possibility. Maybe I can try to use profiling build that should disable some of these stuff.
                                I really don't belive that it is something as simple as that. I haven't managed to get simple reproducible project that also have this bug. My guess that it's something to do with threading and it's only show it self when there is enough load in first place.
                                Engine is leaking like a colander, 2MB per second in a clean blueprint project with some load.
                                (Open the project. Load BugMap level. Play in standalone).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_17.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	1478376

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_19.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	1478377

This kind gentlemen offers a neat solution.
                                Last edited by Deathrey; 05-20-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X