Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-60787
    Target fix has been postponed to 4.20.1. Even if it's a bug that affects the end user, they'll release it anyways.

Update: Fixed and target fix changed to 4.20. Thanks a lot Epic!
    I stand corrected and it does look like they care about the release quality.
    Last edited by RVillani; 07-12-2018, 12:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Deathrey View Post

That is.... not the kind of fix one would expect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It looks like a lazy "solution". How does it not leak and hitch on 4.18 on same drivers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is.... not the kind of fix one would expect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, that's one way to solve it. I mean I understand, I wouldn't want to mop up nVidia's [ADVERTISER_FRIENDLY_CONTENT] either. Unless of course this isn't caused by those drivers, but I'll go out on a limb and assume they did their due diligence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...119b4f6d1d84a2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Waurelius

Besides hitching, there is also a considerable regression with overall drawing to render target from blueprint speed.

512 FFT water(~~35 passes), ran on blueprints, takes 1.4ms on 1060 in 4.18
    The same becomes 2.2ms in 4.19

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Efrye View Post

I'd recommend to just download the latest preview and give it a shot. 4.20 P3 fixed the hiccup issues I was having, but it would appear that there are several different causes for the same symptoms.
    From the thread, it appears that some people have these hiccups, some simply don't. I did not experience any hiccup so far, and 4.20 is in the horizon. So it is better to test the version which will receive update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know we've been having some discussions on this internally, I don't have any news as of right now, but as soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I have made the test 4.20 P4, same machine but nVidia driver updated to 398.36 of Jun 26 2018, and the hiccups are still there, but they take a lot more time to notice. I left the test project (the one with lots of particles) opened by at least 16min with fps counter active until the hiccups started to appear. The issue is not gone, just taking more time to appear!
    I let the project from this post run for about 30 minutes and even bumped up the emitter count to 1400 - still no noticeable hitching at all. It may only be fixed for some machines, but I can definitely no longer reproduce it. (Windows 10, GTX 970 (Nvidia driver 398.36), 32 GB RAM, i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Efrye View Post

I'd recommend to just download the latest preview and give it a shot. 4.20 P3 fixed the hiccup issues I was having, but it would appear that there are several different causes for the same symptoms.
    I have made the test 4.20 P4, same machine but nVidia driver updated to 398.36 of Jun 26 2018, and the hiccups are still there, but they take a lot more time to notice. I left the test project (the one with lots of particles) opened by at least 16min with fps counter active until the hiccups started to appear. The issue is not gone, just taking more time to appear!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Syed View Post
    Moving forward as there will be no update on 4.19 - how about 4.20? Are the hiccups still there?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Syed View Post

Lol.. I have been following this thread for quite some time - I think the OP must have edited the title along the way..

Actually what I mean is it is more helpful to report based on the latest 4.20 preview (not 4.19). 4.19 will not be updated anyway...
    This bug is already set to be fixed on the final 4.20 release. At least the one related to drawing to Render Targets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Look at the thread title
    Lol.. I have been following this thread for quite some time - I think the OP must have edited the title along the way..

Actually what I mean is it is more helpful to report based on the latest 4.20 preview (not 4.19). 4.19 will not be updated anyway...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, sorry it's me... the stuttering started again i guess i was just lucky for an hour or so there...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by StickySnoutStd View Post
    It it just me or has the latest nvidia driver update (398.36) released 26.6.2018 made it better?
    Tried it: still the same hitching after 2 minutes. Driver version 385.69 does not hitch, but takes 8 - 8.2 ms to render a frame in my project. Newer driver versions only take 5 - 6 ms. They started using a different method to render I suppose, but it has this terrible bug.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X