Epic account compromised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMUNITY] Epic account compromised

Someone is trying to get into my Epic account for a few hours now and it's not changing. I have 2-way authentication so I should be at least somewhat safe, but this mail spam is driving me crazy.
    Attacker is masking his IP, ofc. Not sure if there is a support mail I can contact.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Someone will contact you. Make sure your computer is free of viruses and your e-mail password is a strong one, because if you get your e-mail compromissed then you are dommed.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Thank you. And so far, Google didn't alert me someone's trying to get into my mail, and since I have 2-Way Authentication, he can't get into my Epic account either, but it's frustrating to get so many emails. Currently, I realized Gmail has limit of 100 messages in conversation, then it opens new conversation.

Thank you, I hope someone will reach me soon because someone is obviously trying to hack Epic accounts. I don't have any important projects on my account, but other people might.

Comment

Our teams are aware of the issues and are working on getting a fix in place. We know it is frustrating and I am sorry about that. As soon as we have a fix in place we'll update everyone and make sure.

Comment

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure staff knows about this. Good luck!

Comment

Well this is the second post like that on the front page. This is getting serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudester01 View Post
              Well this is the second post like that on the front page. This is getting serious.
              I don't mind them trying to break into account since I have 2-way auth, but still, there might be people that will lose their Epic accounts to this. :-/ I hope it will get sorted soon.

Comment

This is one of multiple posts regarding this serious issue. What is taking you so long Epic?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...account-hacked

https://kotaku.com/whats-really-goin...-ac-1823965781
                "Fast, fat computers breed slow, lazy programmers."

Comment

As a result of this issue, I was reminded that I have an Epic account.
                  I would like to just delete my account since I don't use it, but there's no way to do that? Can anyone direct me as to where to go to get Epic to delete my account?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Simonds View Post
                    As a result of this issue, I was reminded that I have an Epic account.
                    I would like to just delete my account since I don't use it, but there's no way to do that? Can anyone direct me as to where to go to get Epic to delete my account?
                    I think you need an account if you want to keep having the Unreal Engine license. License is attached to your account as I believe.
                    I can't get people who want to delete their account, and especially having few to none posts.
                    How does it touches you? Just let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudester01 View Post

I think you need an account if you want to keep having the Unreal Engine license. License is attached to your account as I believe.
                      I can't get people who want to delete their account, and especially having few to none posts.
                      How does it touches you? Just let it be.
                      Because every account adds to the possibility of other accounts being compromised. Simple security 101.

Comment

Originally posted by spacegojira View Post

Because every account adds to the possibility of other accounts being compromised. Simple security 101.
                        Unless you dont use the same password everywhere.
                        Simple security 101

>every
                        What this conspiracy is based on? How much does it add to possibility and how do you think it works. Does having 100 accounts means your account is hacked?
                        Last edited by Dudester01; 05-01-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I had the same issue a month ago or so. Like the OP I have 2-factor authentication. What made it worse was that I had recently changed my password! I don't know if the IP was masked but it said the attempt came from Hanoi, Vietnam. The OP is definitely the target of a bot attack.

Comment

I've had similiar issues recently. A hacker from Russia got into my account.

This whole story took place in 4 days on fortnite. I don't know how he found my password but I noticed one day after I logged in that all my v bucks were gone. He also changed my skins and my bindings and deleted my complete friend list. I had 0 notification from epic.

I changed my password and tried to contact epicgames but as you all know they are literally unreachable.

The next day, he still managed to get in and did the same thing. I still had no email from epic at all. At this point I changed the password again to something literraly impossible to find as i smashed my keyboard. I also put a two factor sign in and made sure that remember me was unchecked on my launcher.

I thought that would be all, but of course I would'nt be writting here if it was the case. The next day, he still got in. Bypassed the 2 factor sign in. He tried connecting on my email since he had my password and thanks to epic he also knows the email I receive the codes.

Google blocked him, INSTANTLY noticing the ip was from russia and so I changed my password for that too. The same day, he still got in. That was the 4th time he got in despite all the "security" put in place.

Once again I changed my epicgames password, but guess what, he still got in. I received no emails asking for the 2 factor sign in at all. The only time I got some is When I login on my own account.

I'm sick of this ******** that is epicgames. There is 0 way to contact them, you can't change your email. you can't disconnect your account from every computer at once, There is no Secret question to answer and no way to put some. Their "advanced security" is not working properly and the hacker also gets your email in the process.

Comment

Sorry XeviousGames, but apparently your computer is compromised.
                              Last edited by EvilCleric; 05-03-2018, 02:21 PM.
                              "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

Working...
                              X