Let us install plugins from launcher for source builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAUNCHER] Let us install plugins from launcher for source builds

The UE4 market place lets us download and install plugins for engine versions it recognizes as being installed. If we download the engine source from github and build it, the launcher doesn't realize we have the engine installed. Since it doesn't recognize the engine, we can't download plugins to install for that version of the engine. It would be really nice if we could let the launcher know about source builds and the version number of the build so that we could download and install plugins against it. I'm happy to take the risk of plugin incompatibility with a modified source build and any errors or instability it causes, and wouldn't expect support for it.

Now this is a feature request I can get behind. Pretty please with sugar on t op - let us download stuff without having the engine installed.

Comment

+1

Yes, it's strange having to install a redundant, binary version of the engine just to install and move plugins...
      [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
      [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
      [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

+1... Few more aspects / justifications here...

Comment

-------
          +1
          -------

Comment

+1. This makes no sense.

Comment

+1. I totally agree that this would be a welcome feature.

Comment

Resurrecting this as it's still not available and forcing multiple gb downloads of useless binaries for plugins seems moot.
                http://unrealdeveloper.uk

Comment

Working...
                X