Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you please put the Infiltration characters on the marketplace with the A pose?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you please put the Infiltration characters on the marketplace with the A pose?

Can you please put the Infiltration characters on the marketplace with the A pose? Or update them to A pose in the samples?

Seriously, I have wasted so much time trying to re-target the default skeleton to these guys so they can be animated, it isn't even funny! I have searched far and wide for a solution, and it never works, many others have the same issue though, as I have seen from searching! The Infiltration characters are really well done and would make perfect characters for many projects (my own personal project being my first concern of course), but they are locked behind having that stupid outdated t-pose that can't be used with the animation packs (the free ones or the ones in the marketplace).

The variety of characters for use with the engine is very limited, and most are pure garbage or useless for most game genres. I know that I can't be the only person looking to have a decent character to use as a player character for prototyping a specific game design idea. (Yes I know someone will say "well why not just use the grey guy", and my answer is it ruins the immersion for the purposes of how I wish to develop my idea).

Or it would even be great to actually use them as a main or enemy type character for a Sci-Fi / Futuristic themed game (which I just may do, as I like the models THAT much). I'm not an animator, nor do I wish to do such work, I find it tedious, laborious, and boring. So I would like to just be able to plug in a fitting character and get to other work, as I am quite sure many others would too!

So how about it? What could take you guys a half hour of work, has taken me a couple of weeks over the months that I have had time to dedicate to working on my game design. And I would like to spend my (very) limited free time doing some actual development, as opposed to dicking around trying to get a model to work! I actually already have the animations that I need for my basic design (shooting, reloading, running, jumping, etc) already mapped to the grey mannequin and working, I just want to move to the next level of immersion and use a fitting character! I know that I can't be the only person in this category, and know I'm not the only one having this issue with the characters.

How about making this easier on us end users? Please?

Oh and PS: The same would be nice for those other characters from the "shooter game" example as well!
    G Street Games -

Originally posted by gstreetgames View Post
    I know that I can't be the only person looking to have a decent character to use as a player character for prototyping a specific game design idea.
    Try Mixamo characters and animations. It's "free" if you have Adobe subscription
    Don't wait for demo assets with few gameplay animations.

Mixamo Animation Retargeting plug-in could be useful though

Comment

retargeting the mixamo characters is simple and it's 100% free cause an Adobe account is also free.
      -TorQueMoD
      www.torquemod.com

Comment

Hey now, T-poses are pretty handy neutral poses... They let you have overhead animations and arms-at-the-side animations, with "okay" deformation. Kind of like a jack of all trades. A-poses are better suited for characters that you know aren't going to have their arms above a T-pose that often because when the arms do go above that, they will deform like crazy (climbing animations usually look horrible on A-pose).

Basically, each pose's usefulness depends on what you need the character to do. To get all hostile and call it a stupid pose, just because it doesn't fit your needs, is pretty ignorant. You can always make your own character models and not worry about if it's going to line up with animation packs or not.
        Last edited by Jezcentral; 02-13-2018, 05:17 AM. Reason: No tantrums are being thrown. We're all cool.

Comment

Sorry for saying this but you should probably hear it, it sounds to me like your asking Epic to do your work for you. You've already gotten the models for free & it was someone else's hard work, asking them to do more is asking a lot, and asking in such a tone is inconsiderate.

Skywalker "this is not going to go the way that you think" PORTFOLIO

Comment

theres plenty of models out there to use and plenty of animations which are free. its also really not that hard to modify a base pose. if you were a major dev youd have someone to do the art so im guessing your a hobbyist. if what you got isnt what you want then modify it and make it work or find something else. you could always pick up blender and use different weights or skeletons.

Comment

Originally posted by IronicParadox View Post
              Hey now, T-poses are pretty handy neutral poses... They let you have overhead animations and arms-at-the-side animations, with "okay" deformation. Kind of like a jack of all trades. A-poses are better suited for characters that you know aren't going to have their arms above a T-pose that often because when the arms do go above that, they will deform like crazy (climbing animations usually look horrible on A-pose).

Basically, each pose's usefulness depends on what you need the character to do. To get all hostile and call it a stupid pose, just because it doesn't fit your needs, is pretty ignorant. You can always make your own character models and not worry about if it's going to line up with animation packs or not.
              I called it a "stupid" pose, because it is inconsistent with the changes they made to the built in skeleton. They changed something and did not update the older developed packages such as infiltration. That is standard practice for a development company going forward, but "stupid" for releasing assets to the community for use - which have not been updated to be utilized with the new changes made.
              G Street Games -

Comment

Originally posted by I Create Art! View Post
                Sorry for saying this but you should probably hear it, it sounds to me like your asking Epic to do your work for you. You've already gotten the models for free & it was someone else's hard work, asking them to do more is asking a lot, and asking in such a tone is inconsiderate.
                I don't want to hear your opinion on what you think my intention or desires are, you pompous child. If you don't like my request, ignore it. This is none of your business, but you just have to stroke your ego to lecture me, while pretending to understand my thoughts. Get out of my thread and don't come back. Thanks.
                G Street Games -

Comment

Originally posted by ThompsonN13 View Post
                  theres plenty of models out there to use and plenty of animations which are free. its also really not that hard to modify a base pose. if you were a major dev youd have someone to do the art so im guessing your a hobbyist. if what you got isnt what you want then modify it and make it work or find something else. you could always pick up blender and use different weights or skeletons.
                  You are correct, however I wish to use the infiltration characters. If it were so easy, someone would have generously released them modified that way by now. I know that I would have, if I was able to achieve re-targeting them properly myself. Using blender or some other modeling software is not an option, my point is that the assets exist already, but cannot be used because Epic never bothered to update them for the new base mannequin skeleton that they made. My request is to have that oversight corrected, nothing more and nothing less.
                  G Street Games -

Comment

I don't want to hear your opinion on what you think my intention or desires are, you pompous child. If you don't like my request, ignore it. This is none of your business, but you just have to stroke your ego to lecture me, while pretending to understand my thoughts. Get out of my thread and don't come back. Thanks.
                    Wow, that's quite the attitude, you need to chill out lol... Sounds like someone needs a time-out and a nap because that kind of bratty attitude has no place here on the forums. You do realize this isn't *your* thread and that you don't get to decide who can/can't fill your echo-chamber, right?

CreateArt was right though, it really does sound like you just want someone else to do your work.

Comment

Wow, that's quite the attitude, you need to chill out lol... Sounds like someone needs a time-out and a nap because that kind of bratty attitude has no place here on the forums. You do realize this isn't *your* thread and that you don't get to decide who can/can't fill your echo-chamber, right?

CreateArt was right though, it really does sound like you just want someone else to do your work.
                      No clown, it is a perfectly reasonable response to some nanny idiot coming here to chastise me for my request that has nothing to do with them. You don't get to tell people what they "need" to do, but I get to tell you that you need to **** right off of my thread. You weren't invited here, and you aren't welcome here. I have ZERO tolerance for people who think so highly of themselves that they have the audacity to just go into other peoples discussions to lecture the person on what they think that persons values system SHOULD be. Go away, or better yet get put on the ignore list.
                      G Street Games -

Comment

No clown, it is a perfectly reasonable response to some nanny idiot coming here to chastise me for my request that has nothing to do with them. You don't get to tell people what they "need" to do, but I get to tell you that you need to **** right off of my thread. You weren't invited here, and you aren't welcome here. I have ZERO tolerance for people who think so highly of themselves that they have the audacity to just go into other peoples discussions to lecture the person on what they think that persons values system SHOULD be. Go away, or better yet get put on the ignore list.
                        Good thing the forum has zero tolerance for people like you.

Comment

Good thing the forum has zero tolerance for people like you.
                          You're still here talking garbage, feeling important and speaking for a bunch of people huh? People like you make me sick! Always looking to lecture others and virtue signal, like they are doing anyone a **** favor. You are a pompous infant with a fragile ego that can't just quietly go away when someone asks you to. I wouldn't go **** on one of your threads, so stop littering mine!

I swear it's amazing how you nannying authoritarian commies can't understand a simple concept like leaving others alone and NOT inviting trouble by pestering people! You just can't stand to see other people get away with having original thoughts that aren't in line with yours huh?
                          G Street Games -

Comment

People ... lets keep the posts professional or the thread will have to be locked if it gets out of hand. There is no need to insult each other, please read the forum rules and regulations: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ode-of-conduct

If this continues to escalate, moderators will have to start issuing infractions.
                            Quinton Delpeche
                            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

The flag option is 404ing for me, otherwise I would have reported this already.

Comment

Working...
                              X