Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please separate Unreal Engine 4 from your games Launcher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please separate Unreal Engine 4 from your games Launcher!

Ok, I'm guessing the cause of this is Fortnite's popularity but I'm getting a message saying "We're currently limiting the rate of users signing in" with an estimated wait time of 6+ minutes. This is completely unacceptable. Why should I have to wait to log into the engine so I can work on my projects?
    Yes, I realize that I can create a shortcut to the desktop and bypass the launcher, but if I want to create new projects or download from the marketplace, I'm stuck waiting in line.

Epic, I understand your desire to have all of your projects in one place, but you're hurting our development schedules and there's no excuse for that!

If you agree with this suggestion, please be sure to like this post so there's a better chance of Epic noticing it.
    Last edited by TorQueMoD; 02-08-2018, 06:22 AM.
    -TorQueMoD
    www.torquemod.com

I feel the exact same way. Doesn't make sense for people working on their projects to be stuck in a queue because of people playing a game. The two are not connected in any way. Don't get me wrong, I do play Fortnite occasionally, but I also study in Unreal Engine. It's not right to make one set of people who have never even touched the game sit in a queue behind the other set of people for no reason at all.

Comment

You don't need the launcher to start the editor, just find the UE4Editor.exe (Most likely Program Files\UE_4.1X\Engine\Binaries\Win64) and launch it manually.

Comment

It truly is a workaround; but any way you look at it, all of the amenities related to the Unreal Engine portion of the launcher (Community/Learn/Marketplace/Library), project management etc are still locked behind the queue of Fortnite and Fortnite alone. It's doesn't make a lot of sense from a logical standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
          You don't need the launcher to start the editor, just find the UE4Editor.exe (Most likely Program Files\UE_4.1X\Engine\Binaries\Win64) and launch it manually.
          You missed the part where I said "Yes, I realize that I can create a shortcut to the desktop and bypass the launcher, but if I want to create new projects or download from the marketplace, I'm stuck waiting in line." There's no work around for that.
          -TorQueMoD
          www.torquemod.com

Comment

Originally posted by TorQueMoD View Post

You missed the part where I said "Yes, I realize that I can create a shortcut to the desktop and bypass the launcher, but if I want to create new projects or download from the marketplace, I'm stuck waiting in line." There's no work around for that.
            Exactly! Im just wondering when a sales event comes in and people can't check it though launcher which is in my opinion way better then the web version.
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Yes, happened to me today twice And I wanted to update to 4.18.3, and guess what...
              C++ developer, market place seller, #unrealUGSK founder

Fix this! - Todo system for the level editor https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...e-level-editor

Comment

Originally posted by TorQueMoD View Post

That's true only for the marketplace portion, not the project creation, you can do that from the editor just fine.

Comment

would still be nice to have an option to not only hide the "games" tabs, but also exclude being part of the same server.
                  a few days ago I had a small rage when I needed to grab something quick from the learning tab for testing purposes and I wasnt able to.

Comment

I don't think it's possible;
                    All accounts are sharing the same internal database systems they use for all their services; they'd have to create an entire new service just to login developers or give a "basic" entry level access to the UDN network for those accounts that can be verified developers and gate a launcher login mechanism from there... That would be too much work and I doubt they would want to even think about doing it.
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                      I don't think it's possible...
                      Of course it's possible. They separate out the UE4 part along with marketplace, create it's own launcher and connect it to it's own servers. In fact, that's exactly how it worked before they added their games into the mix. Whether or not it's probable that they'd do it is another matter entirely.
                      Last edited by TorQueMoD; 02-03-2018, 01:44 AM.
                      -TorQueMoD
                      www.torquemod.com

Comment

What? They never did that.
                        I have always logged into Paragon and Launcher with the same account, always since Launcher was made public.
                        Everything is tied to the same account, including Marketplace activity; was never a separate thing, my Paragon acc have always been my Marketplace acc, the same thing is shared across all of their services including game forums and engine forums.
                        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                          What? They never did that.
                          I have always logged into Paragon and Launcher with the same account, always since Launcher was made public.
                          Everything is tied to the same account, including Marketplace activity; was never a separate thing, my Paragon acc have always been my Marketplace acc, the same thing is shared across all of their services including game forums and engine forums.
                          And before Paragon launched? The Epic Games Launcher started with just UE4. They added the games after.
                          -TorQueMoD
                          www.torquemod.com

Comment

I hated launcher since 2015 when I first discovered UE. It really needs to be separated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudester01 View Post
                              I hated launcher since 2015 when I first discovered UE. It really needs to be separated.
                              Yeah, It just doesn't make sense that it's bloated with the games. I mean I suppose it makes sense for Epic, but not really for the UE4 Devs.
                              -TorQueMoD
                              www.torquemod.com

Comment

Working...
                              X