Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BUG]Automatically change scale when Attach and Detach in 4.18 (not control by any options)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BLUEPRINT] [BUG]Automatically change scale when Attach and Detach in 4.18 (not control by any options)

My entire game is out of control because of 4.18...I have been completely no idea of this BUG...
    • my Pawn old scaling system was completely wrong, I had to reset all the blueprint nodes again(the way I upgrade my character is to enlarge its size);
    • the "AttachToComponent" and "DetachFromActor" node goes completely wrong(on scaled Pawn)! The Actor I attach to my hand is forced to change its size no matter how I set the node("Keep World" and "Keep Relative", the effect of both settings is the same, but the older engine version is not the case).
    Since I've added some new content to the game and have been working using 4.18 for a month, I have no way to move the entire project back to 4.17. And I also downloaded the 4.19 Preview1, my project can be opened in 4.19, but when the game runs it crashes every time (everything suddenly stop and not function when the game run, have to close UE4 use Win10 TaskManager), so I do not have hope on 4.19.

However, I think the engine has a big problem with scaling controls, also it is possible because I am a blueprint user, my programming knowledge is too poor to fix this problem. Anyway, my entire game is out of control, hoping to get help here!

I do not know what words should use to describe my “luck"...The first time is I have three broken hard drives within a year. The second time is crashing 160 times when I am using 4.18. The third time is...Maybe It's time for another vacation...
    Last edited by mottH; 01-24-2018, 12:53 AM.

I had some bug half of thing in 4.17 to 4.18 dont work

Comment

You shouldn't upgrade to a new version unless you need a particular fix or feature, otherwise you take a risk that some things aren't going to work in the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by mottH View Post
        I have been completely no idea of this BUG...
        And I also downloaded the 4.19 Preview1, my project can be opened in 4.19, but when the game runs it crashes every time (everything suddenly stop and not function when the game run, have to close UE4 use Win10 TaskManager), so I do not have hope on 4.19.
        There are always many serious issues with Previews that are reported and fixed before final release. That's entire point of Previews

I don't want to sound unpleasant, but I'd guess that you just need take some time and refactor your blueprints. Could help you, but you who would need to describe here what you're doing exactly. Even trying to describe issue to other people can help you with identifying what's causing issue

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        You shouldn't upgrade to a new version unless you need a particular fix or feature, otherwise you take a risk that some things aren't going to work in the new version.
        Oh, that's depends on how much of custom code you have and if you customize engine itself.
        In projects based on vanilla engine usually I don't encounter "show stoppers". API changes often but Epic devs and community always help

Last edited by Moth Doctor; 01-23-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          Yes, but I have no way to turn back to 4.17, because the Sequencer problem makes my project crash 160 times and it just fixed in 4.18.3. I'm using Sequencer to make my game tutorial If I move everything back to 4.17, I guess when I test the Sequencer I will crash more (I also used the sequencer in 4.17 and it will crash too, but I am using it not much when the project on 4.17, so I just get over with it, and now I do not want to crash 160 times again...).

And I think the problem is, that "Keep World" and "Keep Relative" this options is not working at all on 4.18.

Originally posted by Just Krishna View Post
          I don't want to sound unpleasant, but I'd guess that you just need take some time and refactor your blueprints. Could help you, but you who would need to describe here what you're doing exactly. Even trying to describe issue to other people can help you with identifying what's causing issue
          Thank you, I've tried replacing all Attach and Detach nodes and the problem persists. I think the problem is, use the Attach node, no matter which scale options you choose, it will automatically become "Snap to Target" in a weird rate(I did not open a new scene to test it because the Pawn scaling mechanism is a little complicated). Now when my Pawn scale and my objects scale often change, I will never make the Attach and Detach thing in the same scale...It will change at some rate I don't know and I can't control.

The biggest problem is throwing objects, I made a fireball that can throw out. Now, no matter what the original scale is set, it automatically becomes scale 1,1,1 after it is thrown out(Detach). I have absolutely no idea what it is and have no way to change it.
          Last edited by mottH; 01-24-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

One way to get better UE4 'upgrade experience' is to delete 'Intermediate', 'Saved' folders before upgrade.. I have read quite many weird upgrade problems solved this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Syed View Post
              One way to get better UE4 'upgrade experience' is to delete 'Intermediate', 'Saved' folders before upgrade.. I have read quite many weird upgrade problems solved this way.
              Thank you, I will try. But my problem is happening in every time its operation, it may be not that simple...

Comment

Originally posted by mottH View Post
                The biggest problem is throwing objects, I made a fireball that can throw out. Now, no matter what the original scale is set, it automatically becomes scale 1,1,1 after it is thrown out(Detach). I have absolutely no idea what it is and have no way to change it.
                My first thought: are you able to simply calculate proper scale of fireball and set it just after detaching?
                I don't know what kind of crazy scaling game you have there, but you have to know how much you scaled a pawn before throwing fireball, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Just Krishna View Post

My first thought: are you able to simply calculate proper scale of fireball and set it just after detaching?
                  I don't know what kind of crazy scaling game you have there, but you have to know how much you scaled a pawn before throwing fireball, right?
                  Yes, but my game upgrade base on the scale, it will be many levels, and the proportion is all hand control by setting. It too wastes of time to adjust not only the pawn and the objects inside but all objects that attached to it. It will need too much time to adjust everything every level.

Comment

Working...
                  X