Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU Issue with Engine

Hello

After updating Engine to 4.18 (from 4.16) I am getting a GPU issue with the engine. I am only opening two (2) different projects (same content, just different names) and then this error shows and closes all my UE4 Editors. This didnt happen in 4.16. I tested in 4.17 and also happens.

My PC:
    GTX 1070
    SDD 500gb Intel
    16GB RAM DDR5
    GPU i5-6600K
    Monitor 4k

What could cause this? I restarted pc with NOTHING opened and boom, this happens... I dont think its the GPU either though, since I've played enough games with high settings on 4k without any issue and I doubt I cant open 2 unreal engine projects at the same time.. with have NOTHING inside, actually were 2 TopDownView from scratch..

See picture attached/link:

https://postimg.org/image/58uqpkrqt/

Last edited by Namesis; 01-08-2018, 03:05 PM.

Can't see the photo large enough from your link, but my guess would be that running two projects at the same time on a 4K screen is running out of GPU memory.

Comment

Message says:

Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture! Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting...

Updated post with another link

Comment

It's probably unlikely that the GTX 1070 is running out of GRAM with 8GB. I would check with your Nvidia settings to make sure that your GTX 1070 is set to run all of the graphics rather than the integrated GPU.

Comment

I went through some guides, about optimizing the settings for the gtx1070 gpu, however I didnt manage to fix this. It also happens with only one (1) UE4 editor open with several windows and/or PIE open.. Weird thing is I dont get any kind of errors during any other game that required a good gpu.
          Regards

Comment

Are you sure it's set to use the Nvidia GPU for everything? Otherwise it's going to try and automatically choose the GPU for each program and it doesn't do a good job, even when I've assigned the Nvidia GPU specifically to a program it didn't work properly until I set it to control everything and not use the Intel GPU at all.

Comment

You can also go into the engine folder that has the unreal editor executable=>right click>run with graphics processor=>nvidia. That way you can make absolutely sure that you're using the real GPU and not the integrated video card.

Comment

Originally posted by IronicParadox View Post
                You can also go into the engine folder that has the unreal editor executable=>right click>run with graphics processor=>nvidia. That way you can make absolutely sure that you're using the real GPU and not the integrated video card.
                Never seen such a thing tbh.

Anyway it happened to us as we work with large cad data (6 gb projects) and our old 970s couldn't stand it + all the environment. We had to go for 1080 and 1080ti so yea, i think it may crash quite easily for that kind of reason

Comment

Originally posted by jury.verrigni View Post

Never seen such a thing tbh.

Anyway it happened to us as we work with large cad data (6 gb projects) and our old 970s couldn't stand it + all the environment. We had to go for 1080 and 1080ti so yea, i think it may crash quite easily for that kind of reason
                  Here is what I'm talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	thing.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1410171

Comment

Nada. Never seen it anywhere Wonder why

Comment

If you have a high-end processor then it won't have the Intel integrated GPU and you won't see that menu option.

Comment

update-
                        I ended up formatting the PC. It seems to be working now, so I guess a driver or something must have been corrupted (?)
                        Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X