Very poor performance in the editor using multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    I had same problems and the root of all evil was screen recording functionality from GeForce Experience. It tried to capture all windows UE4 Editor was creating and the more windows/tooltips I had the worse FPS I had.

Disabling that fixed all the problems with multiple windows for me.
    Thankyou Zeorb, you dont have to uninstall it btw you can just disable it in settings
    My Game Frontier Devblog HERE

Comment

Geforce Experience is a freaking virus I swear! It kills performance on your entire PC. I never install it anymore. Try using OBS if you want a screen recorder https://obsproject.com and this is a screen of my settings for recording which seems to yield pretty smooth FPS in the 3D viewport:

Not as nice as FRAPS for 3D but useable. FRAPS can't handle the multiple windows or the right click menus in the editor so OBS wins.
      Last edited by TorQueMoD; 02-06-2018, 05:20 AM.
      -TorQueMoD
      www.torquemod.com

Comment

I know this thread is old, but I just figured out why my FPS decreased around 400% after an hour of work. I quit discord on my side monitor, and I'm back with 120 FPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Xmoono View Post
          I know this thread is old, but I just figured out why my FPS decreased around 400% after an hour of work. I quit discord on my side monitor, and I'm back with 120 FPS!
          You probably had it's overlay enabled. I know that cause a lot of issues for games and 3d apps, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what was causing your FPS drop.

Comment

Working...
          X