Ability to select actors via property matrix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Ability to select actors via property matrix

The property matrix is great for looking at a bunch of actors and comparing properties - it would be great if we could then select actors from it, with a right click and/or double-click.

I'd been lamenting the loss of UE3's "Select by property" feature for a few years now, and the Property Matrix is almost a replacement, since you can pin a property and order the actors by that property, but it's just a shame you can't then select a bunch of them for moving, hiding, duplicating, or adding to a layer etc.

Also, don't want to derail my own thread before it even starts, but on a related note - I notice the "Property Coloration" viewmode is actually still there in the viewport show menu, but there is no way to mark a property for coloring? (in UE3 when you shift+clicked a property, to select-by-property, it would then show up in this viewmode as well). Would be fantastic to be able to use that again, I used that all the time.
    Dev Blog
    Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
    150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Second this request. Just to add 'Select by' or Select-Special would also be very useful in Blueprints.
    UE4 now offers 'Show Bubble When Zoomed'. So Select Special -> 'Comments only' would help..

Comment

I support this feature request.
      Zoltan Erdokovy, Sr. Technical Artist

Comment

I support Spoondog and his feature request.

Comment

Please, oh please, oh please ... really important, would be a life safer right now.

Comment

Working...
          X