BP Restore / Undo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP Restore / Undo

So after a long haul of working a BP for a good chunk of a day I had found myself accidentally deleting a BP. Long story short, don't use your delete key if you're getting tired. Anyways I was pretty frustrated and found it rather interesting that there was no inherently easy way to restore a BP, so I am throwing out there on the wall of ideas to see if mine sticks.

I propose a "undo delete" or restore system for Blueprints to allow a user to say "have a moment of stupidity or lapse of judgement." and have that file go to a trash bin. This would allow for a temporary storage of blueprints that have been removed but avoids the table flipping moment in the event you really didn't mean to.

Check if thres still a copy in backup in Saved/Backup directory, thru it might be deleted by now
    =========
    My Tutorials:
    Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

Comment

Hi Konshu,

I'm sorry to hear that you lost work. There is an asset autosave cache as Shadowriver mentioned, but it's generally only around for a single run of the editor / primarily designed to help you in case the editor crashes, but it's still worth a check.

In general, I'd recommend setting up source control for your project, which gives you an 'undo delete/edit' for every asset in your project, with a temporal granularity depending on how often you check in.

Cheers,
      Michael Noland

Comment

Working...
      X