No announcement yet.

[FEATURE REQUEST] Official multi-display / multiple monitor support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] [FEATURE REQUEST] Official multi-display / multiple monitor support

There have been a number of posts regarding support for outputting to multiple displays from one or more in-game cameras:Extending the engine is not only cumbersome, but from observing the threads above, people seem to have a limited rate of success, and even then these efforts are likely to break with engine updates. While this type of configuration is natively supported in Unity and very easy to setup for non-standard display configurations, Unreal is a superior engine in many ways, and there is and has been clear community interest in this topic.

Can Epic please implement native support for this?

Related to that: Split-Screen spread over multiple external-monitors, running off the same gaming rig... It'd be extremely useful to be able to FORCE SPLIT-SCREEN to use separate full-screen windows instead of just a single-screen with tiled panes.

Why? For testing early prototypes etc... It'd forgo the usual replication overhead, physics-rewind and general-networking complexity, while exploring if a particular game 'has legs' and should progress on to a full-online-multiplayer game etc.

During editor / design we have 4 viewports. Could these be re-purposed to serve up 4-player split-screen etc. In your research L05, have you ever come across discussion or requests for something like this in UE4?
    Last edited by ClavosTech; 10-27-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
      In your research L05, have you ever come across discussion or requests for something like this in UE4?
      Hi Frank, apologies for not seeing this way sooner; I apparently forgot to subscribe to the post. I have not specifically seen that request, although there are similarities in the linked discussions above. Ideally that exact scenario and more would be possible with a native feature set that exposes an ability to target multiple displays with one or more cameras/textures.

Comment

Originally posted by L05 View Post
        Hi Frank, apologies for not seeing this way sooner; I apparently forgot to subscribe to the post. I have not specifically seen that request, although there are similarities in the linked discussions above. Ideally that exact scenario and more would be possible with a native feature set that exposes an ability to target multiple displays with one or more cameras/textures.
        L05
        No worries, the forums are so broken only a few notifications work anymore.

BTW:
        This is on my todo list, must see if it will fill in for that missing feature meantime....

Comment

For anyone looking to solve this problem. Unreal engine 4.20 has a new plugin called n-display that allows you to sync multiple computers + screen I look forward to using it.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...-with-nDisplay

Comment

Working...
          X