Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4 Skeletal Mesh & Animation Export to native software formats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4 Skeletal Mesh & Animation Export to native software formats.

How about a way to export armatures and animations for Blender. Not everyone can afford Maya and I don't know but it seems like it might be an easy thing to do, if not - no worries. But I think it would significantly increase the number of users if you could export the actual skeletons and animations to some other programs in their native file format. As it stands that's one of the very few benefits that Unity has over UE4, Unity supports native file formats as opposed to .fbx. Better support for a wider array of programs. True you can, and probably should, create your own animations but a guy running with a gun is a guy running with a gun. Why reinvent the wheel? If you could export the skeletons and animations, you could build and prototype characters much faster and be certain that they will work as opposed to going back and forth. Everything else is top notch and this is the only issue I've ever really had with Unreal. It is a pain to use without spending money on software.
    Last edited by kennyrosenyc; 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM.

hello.i am having problem in playing animation from maya to unity.

i have tried with .fbx method with all aits options ticked with animation plus i am opening .mb file directly in unity as well and still animation can not be seen in preview nor its playing although it is showing that animation clip is attach with the model.

please help me out and mail me on
    guess.wht2002@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by kmlbt View Post
      hello.i am having problem in playing animation from maya to unity.

i have tried with .fbx method with all aits options ticked with animation plus i am opening .mb file directly in unity as well and still animation can not be seen in preview nor its playing although it is showing that animation clip is attach with the model.

please help me out and mail me on
      guess.wht2002@gmail.com
      You are on wrong forum.

Comment

Howdy kmblt,

Thank you for reporting your issue here. Unfortunately, this may be the wrong location to seek any Unity help. You may want to post this issue on the Unity Forums found here: http://forum.unity3d.com/ If you needed any UE4 help though, we would be glad to assist you with any issue that you may be seeing.

Thanks and have a great day!

Comment

Working...
        X