[FEATURE REQUEST] Enable Material Instance inside material graphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Enable Material Instance inside material graphs

As a follow-up to the thread referenced below, it would be handy to be able to use Material Instances (MI) inside material graphs. Usage example: define layers of a landscape inside MI, then create a landscape master material using each of the MI as layers into LandscapeLayerBlend nodes.
    We can use functions with parameters as inputs but this is not as convenient as directly using MI.

---
    Hi, I would like to use a material instance inside another material graph. Is this possible? Thanks.

You can do this with material functions

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
      You can do this with material functions
      if you really read my post, you'll see I am mentioning functions saying they can be used to that attention but using MI would be handy too.

Comment

We indeed need a better Material Blending System. It would be nice if we could simply Drag&Drop Materials into the Graph and simply blend them.
        So basically you create modular, Base Materials (like Grass, with BaseColor,Normal etc) and then you create a new Material where you can simply blend multiple Base Materials.

Material Functions aren't really flexible. You have to create a Material Function for every "Base material".

Comment

Working...
        X