No announcement yet.

Let us see the error from "Generate Visual Studio Project Files"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Let us see the error from "Generate Visual Studio Project Files"

Don't know if this should be a feature request or bug report. If "Generate Visual Studio Project Files" fails then the error exists for .1 seconds and it's gone. It should pause if there's an error.

I may look into that after work. This annoyed the heck out of me a dozen times...

Comment

Okay so after digging into the engine, I think I found the culprit. As guessed the dialogue quits instantly. Since this is legacy code(Idk, its tagged with LEGACY), I am unsure if I can easily fix this.

Comment

Actually I noticed that this functionality should already be there and it is. May I ask where exactly you see this behaviour? I was able to freely inspect any errors until I press okay(Tried via Rightclick -> Generate Visual Studio Project Files and via File -> Refresh Visual Studio Project):
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	1352156

Comment

You're getting a different dialog, not the one you get when you do it from outside of editor. You can't always open editor.

https://i.imgur.com/kzimqJ5.png

Comment

@TriNityGER Try to rename *project*.build.cs instead.
            Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
            Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Working...
            X