No announcement yet.

New forum update feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"CryEngine forums based on phpBB (free), and while it may be better, it's still written in php"

lol what's wrong with PHP? Most the web is written in it... too bad I really liked old php, most the php frameworks for doing modern mvc development are ****ing awful..hell doing modern website development is ****ing awful ...its gone to ****,what with trying to cater ****ing mobile devices..and myriad of ******** screensizes and touch input ****...

at this point maybe using asp.net is better..lol

Comment

PHP isn't bad...for enterprise sector in legacy projects. It just can't compete with performance of Golang and flexibility of Node.js. PHP7 is really optimized, yet those apps not as fast as Go ones, and implementing new features in Node is really simple (especially frontend). I've developed on PHP in the age of Joomla rise.

I've made a Dark Theme for AnswerHub, in case someone interested: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/feedback-for-epic/1361582-unreal-answerhub-dark-theme
      Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
      Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

still waiting when the fix would come for a ton of empty space on forums.

Comment

CriErr Is it persists in the dark theme too?

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post
            CriErr Is it persists in the dark theme too?
            i dont know how to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
              i dont know how to switch.
              I was talking about this one: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ums-dark-theme

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post
                that one works, still, should be good design by default and made before launch on the forum for billion dollar project.

Comment

My eyes man, my eyes! Where is the awesome old dark theme?

Comment

And now I can't read new private messages. I mean, I can actually see them in 'Inbox Preview' tab, but I also want to answer.
                    https://pp.userapi.com/c837122/v8371...k-JYsQNcGs.jpg
                    Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                    And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                      And now I can't read new private messages. I mean, I can actually see them in 'Inbox Preview' tab, but I also want to answer.
                      https://pp.userapi.com/c837122/v8371...k-JYsQNcGs.jpg
                      We have recently observed some unexpected behavior with private messaging and have discussed with vBulletin. We are currently waiting on a fix from them in their next update.

From my experience, you are able to view and reply to messages while they are in the "Inbox Preview" by clicking on the title of the message. However you need to reply immediately, because if you leave and come back the message cannot be located again. Additionally, sent messages don't appear in your "Sent Messages" folder, although they are delivered.
                      Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                        From my experience, you are able to view and reply to messages while they are in the "Inbox Preview" by clicking on the title of the message.
                        Yes, it works. Thank you.

Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                        And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Still no updates/information about the most requested stuff that I read on this topic -> dark theme and removal of the 40% white space? :|
                          https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

I cannot sign out anymore. It keeps me signed in. I've tried multiple browsers and once i'm logged in i can't log out....????
                            I also still have multiple forums that cannot be accessed, most of them just loop a redirect page going nowhere.
                            Forums are increasingly becoming more and more broken. I don't get how anyone can even use it.

Also where the heck can i edit my signature? It seems to be missing from profile stuff.
                            Youtube
                            Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                            Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
                              Also where the heck can i edit my signature? It seems to be missing from profile stuff.
                              Here:

Spoiler

Comment

Someone sent me a PM, I sent a reply but they never got it. It isn't even showing in my sent box. When are you guys going to fix these issues with this forum? It's unusable in so many ways.

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Working...
                                X