No announcement yet.

New forum update feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if are know issues but titles under the username (like Elite, Samaritan etc) are broken, also when i click on "messages" it take a lot of time to load the page.
    Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Looks like the title reset hit me - now at "Newcomer" despite 1700 posts.
      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Bots here and no "flag" button to report them.
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-from-epic-hq
        Last edited by ZioYuri78; 09-20-2017, 05:29 AM.
        Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

I know, this topic is about forums, but just in case if someone interested, - WIP Answer Hub Dark theme:

Spoiler
          Last edited by S-ed; 09-20-2017, 08:54 PM.
          Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
          Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Found a bug that prevents you from changing the search words (on search results page). Once you click the input field, popup closes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.1506078372.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1358078
            It does work for Members and Tags tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
              Is anyone else experiencing this behavior while editing their own posts?
              Stephen Ellis

Please Epic make the new Forum-Search better than this. Return some of the key functionality the old forums had:

Search defaults to Search by Relevance which isn't helpful. To find this thread I searched by keyword forum / title only
              But unless you always remember to pick Date over Relevance you're taken to this thread... Why's that more relevant?

1. Put back the ability for users to SAVE their Search Preferences. That way Search can Default to Last Update!
              .....Or default to a Date Search not Relevance... Or at least explain how Relevance works, as its not at all intuitive.

2. Add back to Advanced-Search a way to specify Number-of-Replies or Min-Post-Count. This is a vital feature!

3. Add a SHORTCUT option to go to FIRST / LAST post on every page including search, as per old forums!!!

Comment

There are very few forums and threads that I can access. Any time I click on the Forums at the top of the page from the Community drop down tab, it will hang and keep refreshing a Login Redirect page. I have since able to get into the forums by logging out and going to the forums and logging back in. Unfortunately while being logged in, if I click a thread or a forum or anything in the forums, it will also hang at that login redirect page. The forums right now are basically unusable for me as I can't really access anything. If I click on anything, it will either log me out, or just hangs at the login redirect. I honestly have no idea what I did to get into this thread as any attempts do what I stated above just kicks me out or hangs me.

This has been happening for over a week, I thought It was due to forum updating but since it's been quite awhile, I'm sure it isn't. I doubt this post will even go through because this is like the seventh time I have tried to post anywhere.
                Youtube
                Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

haven't been here in a while... wtf happened to the forums indeed... you can't even [mmb] on thread links.. until whatever js **** has done its thing... and the theme styling is yuk

revert if this is what VBulletin forum is like for new version its ****. they don't deserve the license fee.. find a better forum software.

cryengine have a very nice forum ..not sure what it is right now.. styled vnicely
                  unity still using xenforo and its the only part of there website that isn't **** now..

Comment

I've said it elsewhere but I'll repeat it here - the forums are so buggy and cumbersome to use that I tend to avoid it now unless I have to use it. Before the update I was constantly browsing even in my free time, but now only if I have a new post in one of my threads, or a PM whenever those happen to work. It'd be better all around if we could just revert to the older ones. There was nothing wrong with it, and the new update only makes the forum experience worse which is not the effect you want to have.

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

Private Messaging seems to be utterly borked imho. Something happened in past 10-14 days etc.
                      Basically 'New' messages no longer show up in Inbox, but notifications confirm messages arrived.
                      However once you Dismiss-notifications, there's no way to get back to these messages ever again.

Also search is still borked. Searching in messages based on forum username goes nowhere at all.
                      Did ALL previous messages even get transferred over properly into conversations? Not convinced...
                      Could definitely do more testing on this, but I can't find an Export Message option if one still exists???

Comment

@franktech Go to Messages - Notifications. There's filters button, switch "new/dismissed" mode to "both".
                        And stop using coloring in the messages. It's hard to read. Learn how to set emphasis by other means. Quotes, bold, italic, new lines. Also people have brains to do that by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post
                          @franktech Go to Messages - Notifications. There's filters button, switch "new/dismissed" mode to "both".
                          Thanks, but that doesn't return past Notifications for PM's which is what I'm pointing out above...

And stop using coloring in the messages. It's hard to read.
                          A little friendly advice? If you don't mind I'll make that call myself after the forums pan out more.
                          Not all of us are running your setup dude, and there's still a lot of white space for now at least.

Learn how to set emphasis by other means. Quotes, bold, italic, new lines. Also people have brains to do that by themselves.
                          Ouch, nice patronizing tone! In fairness this isn't your call to make. you're not a Mod or Admin!
                          If there's an official policy I'd happily follow.. Meantime the colors are there, why not use them....

Comment

password1lol CryEngine forums based on phpBB (free), and while it may be better, it's still written in php.

franktech Sorry. Inbox only showing discussions, and not messages (i.e. new messages are the part of the threads). Is this what you were talking about?
                            Search by name is disabled in vB by default for security means iirc. And Search field in Messages section is meant for keywords, not usernames.
                            Export is an optional feature for vBulletin and this forum have no those so far.
                            And I didn't mean to be offensive, you could write as you want to, it's just ugly and hard to read imo (in both dark and light modes).

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                              Meantime the colors are there, why not use them....
                              Meantime nuclear weapons are there, why not use them...

Seriously, you provide a lot of good feedback on these forums, but it's really difficult to read it. Really terrible on any dark theme.
                              Often I choose to ignore it because it's look like a mess. It doesn't help at all to get your message. S-ed maybe wasn't too gentle, but he's right. It would be a lot nicer to discuss with you if you'd drop the colors
                              Last edited by Cheshire Dev; 09-27-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Sorry. Inbox only showing discussions, and not messages (i.e. new messages are the part of the threads). Is this what you were talking about?
                                Not sure either what you're saying, but I'm talking only about receiving new PM's here.
                                Since Sep-15th or so, no new messages appear in my Inbox but I do get Notifications.
                                I can even search on these new PM's if I use keywords, but they're invisible otherwise...
                                To test: I created a new folder & moved old PM's, now Inbox shows 6-pages of blanks!
                                Is this related to Quota? I don't think I've hit the limit, but there's no indicator anymore?

Search by name is disabled in vB by default for security means iirc. And Search field in Messages section is meant for keywords, not usernames.
                                Epic conversational-ized old PM's, its tricky to find anything unless you can Search / Sort by username.
                                I'm sure you were able to do this in the old forums before. It seems a bit ridiculous that you can't now, no?

Export is an optional feature for vBulletin and this forum have no those so far.
                                Understood... (It would have really helped to troubleshoot the problems I'm seeing with PM's right now etc)

Originally posted by kjustynski View Post
                                if you'd drop the colors
                                it's just ugly and hard to read imo (in both dark and light modes).
                                I'll go easy on the colors. Here's hoping Epic copies the dark-theme, so the UI is consistent across devices.
                                The old forums worked without add-ons or even JavaScript (link History now needs JS to work right now etc).
                                Last edited by franktech; 09-27-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X