New forum update feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    But I'd prefer to see things as everybody sees.
    Afair this was a pretty low value in the older forum as well, that was the default setting and i manually changed this for myself. Tho it is a wrong default setting, and i also would prefer this to be changed to a high value for everyone.
    Articles
    * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
    * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)

Portfolio
    * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
      fine I'll use Chrome [buys more RAM]
      or maybe I'll use Firefox [prepares for "Well, this is emabarassing", losing pinned tabs and other errors]
      Solution: Use Vivaldi! :P

Seriously, Vivaldi has never let me down.

Comment

I can actually read the text without excessive zoom now. Images/badges are still microscopic.

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

List of Black Fang Technologies' projects -> https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/119868-list-of-black-fang-technologies-projects

Comment

I think by adding Dismiss All Notification button into Message Center it's more user friendly and we don't need to open Show All Notification to use Dismiss All Notification button.
          ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
          GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Can Epic add an option for changing the date format please?

Seeing something posted on the 9th of January as the latest topic is confusing

dd/mm/yyyy
            Greg
            Boolean Games

Comment

All I want to see is dark theme option. This color hurts my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
                All I want to see is dark theme option. This color hurts my eyes.
                Check this out! Still WIP but looks great already!
                HeadsAndBrains
                MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

I've updated theme, it now should cover about 90% of the forum UI (some CKE popups left, those are hard to repaint).

If You find a 'white spot' make a screenshot and give an explanation how to find it (in Theme's topic, not here).
                  Link hovering still an issue (it's really hard to debug, since FF and Chrome could not debug :visited styles).
                  Last edited by S-ed; 09-02-2017, 12:26 PM.
                  Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
                  Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Can't open some threads... It's probably because of the title....
                    This is an example
                    Title: "[EDITOR] Don`t select assets (texture, skeletal mesh) - written "none""
                    Link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...h-written-none
                    Message: "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by kjustynski View Post
                      Can't open some threads... It's probably because of the title....
                      This is an example
                      Title: "[EDITOR] Don`t select assets (texture, skeletal mesh) - written "none""
                      Link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...h-written-none
                      Message: "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."
                      Thanks. I've confirmed it's actually due to the ` character ("grave accent") in the title (different from the normal apostrophe). Unfortunately I can't get in to edit the post, but our web team will look into it.
                      Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                      Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

When I try to edit a thread post, whenever I hit save I get a pop up message saying "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page."
                        Why am I not authorized to edit my own thread post, or is it an error? Do I need a certain post count?
                        Last edited by Chiaro22; 09-08-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiaro22 View Post
                          not authorized to edit my own thread post
                          I think you cannot edit your older posts that were made before the update. Is that the case?

Articles
                          * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                          * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)

Portfolio
                          * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

Well, the post is from 29th of August this year.

I don't know excactly when the forum update was.
                            Last edited by Chiaro22; 09-08-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

UPDATE!
                              • The issue with the ` character mentioned above has been resolved. Posts with it in the title can now be accessed.
                              • Sketchfab can again be embedded in posts.
                              • Updated themes are still on the agenda

Originally posted by Chiaro22 View Post
                              When I try to edit a thread post, whenever I hit save I get a pop up message saying "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page."
                              Why am I not authorized to edit my own thread post, or is it an error? Do I need a certain post count?
                              This isn't anything intentional. Can you try to edit either of your two posts above?

If it's unique to a specific post, can you please link me to it?

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior while editing their own posts?
                              Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                              Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

I can edit both of those two posts above. The one I can't edit is a thread topic post, the first one in this thread:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...overgrown-ruin

I was trying to edit it in order to add the "Scene" prefix, cause at first I just wrote in "scene" manually in the thread name (because I oversaw the prefix system and didn't quite understand it).

It seems I can edit other posts in that thread though, so so far the thread topic post is the only one that gives me that error message.

Comment

Working...
                                X