No announcement yet.

New forum update feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everyone but seems like lots of people lost their titles and are now Newcomer.
    Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 08-29-2017, 09:05 PM.
    Artstation
    Join the support channel
    Gumroad Store

Comment

I have a great idea how you can fix all the issues with the forum: Just move to the old one again.

After seeing what you did with the forum, I hope even more that you never try to give the UE4 Editor a new theme. When something is near perfect regarding usability, like the old forum or currently the UE4 Editor, any change likely will make it worse.
      Last edited by John Alcatraz; 08-29-2017, 10:10 PM.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        I have a great idea how you can fix all the issues with the forum: Just move to the old one again. After seeing what you did with the forum, I hope even more that you never try to give the UE4 Editor a new theme. When something is near perfect regarding usability, like the old forum or currently the UE4 Editor, any change likely will make it worse.

+1... Please roll back to the Old Forums! Why? Its far harder to find anything now, never mind consume it...
        Where's the better experience / flexibility / functionality??? So many basic features have been crippled!

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
        The Unreal Engine forums will be down for approximately two hours at 7:00PM ET on August 22 while we upgrade the software. We are moving to VB5 to provide a better experience for the community through better flexibility and functionality. There may be a few issues with styles for a short while, but we'll be fixing things up as soon as problems arise. If you see anything odd after the upgrade, let us know here!

Comment

I can't tell... But the icon for if someone is online or offline is the same... I am a bit color blind, or so I am told by my wife as I tend to pick the wrong ties...

teak
          "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
          -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14+: here.

Comment

Originally posted by ToxinGaming View Post

I also miss the page numbers below the topic link.
            ^Agreed - Page numbers below the topic link is a must. Or at least an easy "Go To Last Page" button.
            A lot of threads are above 100 pages now, so as other have said the posts per page is too low.
            The background is too bright.
            Also, the page count skip buttons need to be at the top as well as the bottom.

Thanks

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

I have a great idea how you can fix all the issues with the forum: Just move to the old one again.
              +1... Please roll back to the Old Forums! Why? Its far harder to find anything now, never mind consume it...
              That would be the most balanced solution for the issues, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
                How come everyones titles were reset?
                I know a simple solution: let's remove titles entirely.
                It's weird idea that serves no purpose. We already have badges highlighting "dedicated" members of community.

+ let's remove displaying "join date" at every single post.
                Twitter

Comment

Ive noticed a significant reduction in the amount of active forum users since the forum update went live.
                  This has been my first post since.. well.. my other post complaining about not having a dark mode.

aaaand.. I am not going to bother with these forums untill they work at least just as good as they did previously.
                  Im sorry but its been a cl.f. since the update and I gotta say.. it doesn't feel like "home" atm.

Comment

Unity tried to do that last year, transferred their forum to a new one without any beta testing... was the worst experience ever... it was a huge step back in functionalities etc... guess What? They listened to their community and rolled back to the old forum... @Epic: sometimes there is stuff that simply can't be fixed ... the only solution is to keep what you had working...
                    good luck...
                    Check out our 3D game characters online store: http://protofactor.biz

Comment

Why vBulletin 5? It's generally agreed even among vBulletin forum owners to be absolute garbage. vBS lost a lot of customers to XenForo because of how badly they ****ed 5 up.

Comment

I'm just wondering how long they will pretend to ignore the messages in this forum topic. It is a general misunderstanding on their part to believe the forum is theirs. The forum is the property of the Community and not answering our wishes and questions is disrespectful. And, unprofessional. Hopefully they will come to their senses very very soon and realise the huge mistake they made this time again. Touching the forum without asking the community is simply breaching the only existsing territory we have, and they just stomping on our rights with dirty boots.
                        Last edited by Konflict; 08-30-2017, 11:14 AM.
                        Articles
                        * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                        * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)

Portfolio
                        * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                          Ive noticed a significant reduction in the amount of active forum users since the forum update went live.
                          This has been my first post since.. well.. my other post complaining about not having a dark mode.

aaaand.. I am not going to bother with these forums untill they work at least just as good as they did previously.
                          Im sorry but its been a cl.f. since the update and I gotta say.. it doesn't feel like "home" atm.
                          I agree. I am using the forum significantly less since the update. Its just annoying to use now with having to do way more clicks and scrolling and eye movement to get the same information like before. I want this forum to be as active as possible, because this is part of what makes the UE4 community great.
                          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Konflict View Post
                            I'm just wondering how long they will pretend to ignore the messages in this forum topic. It is a general misunderstanding on their part to believe the forum is theirs. The forum is the property of the Community and not answering our wishes and questions is disrespectful. And, unprofessional. Hopefully they will come to their senses very very soon and realise the huge mistake they made this time again. Touching the forum without asking the community is simply breaching the only existsing territory we have, and they just stomping on our rights with dirty boots.
                            The forum is theirs along with the 3D engine itself and everything else.
                            Surely they are damaging themselves to the public with the issues here and the issues with the marketplace and many critical bugs in the UE4 releases.. UE 4.17.1 is being reported to have some serious bugs that 4.16.x didn't have which are preventing people from using it as per answerhub and this forum discussions which doesn't look good for sure.
                            Marketing wise what they are doing is a huge mistake. There should be no marketplace slowdowns, they should reply in a few hours to everyone, they should not add bugs to UE4 and ensure quality first. Doing so it seems that either they don't care about small "poor" indie developers anymore which means freelancers and very small software houses that can't pay the very expensive custom license for the engine which includes 24/7 premium support and so on... OR... Epic Games is in big trouble financially and things could get worse soon with an unknown future for everything including the engine, marketplace, licenses. If none of that is true then why all these issues exist would be an even bigger question about why it is happening in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
                              The forum is theirs along with the 3D engine itself and everything else.
                              I'm sure it would be a very interesting site without a single post or visitor. It actually is ours, they only serving the site to provide the communication for the community. May it appears to be free to use, it financially belongs to the 5% (and marketplace 30% ! wow) paychecks. Don't think we are not paying for this. It is ours, and you would better be fighting for it.

Surely they are damaging themselves to the public
                              That might be the case, but they are damaging the community tenfold. Please look here around a bit what is happening, read a few posts and you will realize the dire consequences.

many critical bugs in the UE4 releases.. ensure quality first.
                              You may be find this a bit of a shocking realization, but how about they are using You and I and Everyone else to test the engine and no quality assurance is happening on their part. Once you find an issue they will likely fix it when you report it. They managed to outsource the job of the QA to the indy developers. Interesting idea... Hard to dealing with it.

they don't care about small "poor" indie developers anymore
                              They provide the services for us, along with the engine and the marketplace. Not for free, but you don't have to pay checks nor subscriptions. Other than that, yeah they don't care much about us. We are insignificant as individuals.

If none of that is true then why all these issues exist would be an even bigger question about why it is happening in the first place.
                              I hope that, by putting these questions into different perspective helps a bit and things start to make better sense.
                              Articles
                              * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                              * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)

Portfolio
                              * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

+1 for just rolling back to the old forum. This new one is a sh*tshow. Seems like you have a lot of work ahead trying to get this new one even up to the level of the old one. What's the point? That's not a rhetorical question: what is actually the intended benefit?

Comment

Working...
                                X