Readability of Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Readability of Menus

This is a small thing but I thought I'd mention it anyways. I personally have a hard time seeing what input box corresponds to what title in some of the menus. I think an option for alternating the color of each line would be helpful for people like me. Another possibility would be some kind of line/dots between the title of the option and its input box, or simply highlighting the line on mouse over. Below is an example of the menus I am talking about.

Also, I am aware that you can bring the left side closer to the right, I just think it would be a nice option so I don't have to drag the two together every time I open a new menu. Right now the default is this distance.

YES! This is very important to my workflow and would be beneficial.
    50.00%
    Maybe. It might be nice, but not urgent.
    50.00%
    No. I do not feel this suggestion is necessary.
    0.00%

Thanks for the feedback, TacoShank!

We are going to discuss this tomorrow. Perhaps we can add alternating row colors or some other eye candy to make the rows separate more.
    Gerke Max Preussner | UE4 Programming Consultant

Logo
    Follow me on Github | Goodreads | Linkedin | Pinterest | SlideShare | Twitter.
    Chat with me as gmpreussner on Discord.

Comment

Originally posted by gmpreussner View Post
      Thanks for the feedback, TacoShank!

We are going to discuss this tomorrow. Perhaps we can add alternating row colors or some other eye candy to make the rows separate more.
      Yup that would work.

TOUR of DUTY

Comment

We had previously experimented with alternating row colors and decided not to do it. While it might work in this particular case, it does not look great in many other cases where the row heights are all different. We will instead consider implementing the saving of the last used column position, so it doesn't reset each time you open this or similar panels, and also possibly detect a good default width for the left column.
        Gerke Max Preussner | UE4 Programming Consultant

Logo
        Follow me on Github | Goodreads | Linkedin | Pinterest | SlideShare | Twitter.
        Chat with me as gmpreussner on Discord.

Comment

Sounds good! Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

I liked the suggestion, at least the option of mouserover about the items could be implemented. I think it would be much easier and usable.
            [Compatibility List] Unreal 4 - Hardware Feedback (Leave your feedback on how the Unreal runs on your computer)

Comment

Hi TacoShank,

Thanks for the feedback. I have added a poll to your post as a test to help us get a feel for how the community feels about feature requests. We may be encouraging users to create polls for future feature requests.

Thanks
              Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Hi everyone,

I didn't see that we had already been discussing this as gmpreussner suggested, so I went ahead and closed the poll. Thank you and have a great day!
                Last edited by Adam Davis; 04-01-2014, 02:33 PM.
                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X