Blueprint Node Bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Blueprint Node Bypass

Houdini has a neat feature which will allow the end-user to bypass a node and continue its exec through the node network. It sure beats having to unpin the exec wire... very fast. Anyway, certain nodes in BP I think this would work well with. Has that been considered on the UE4 side of things? Thanks.

teak
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

This was requested before and now it is in 4.16 as experimental feature
    Click image for larger version

Name:	disable.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	1131084

Comment

If there was a pin coming out of the 'False' exec as well, which path will the execution take when the Branch node is disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post
        If there was a pin coming out of the 'False' exec as well, which path will the execution take when the Branch node is disabled?
        Good question

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post
          Originally posted by Skylonxe View Post
          Good question
          Neither.. Its equivalent to Kismet Disable Wire, no?

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
            Neither.. Its equivalent to Kismet Disable Wire, no?
            Disable is for node, not the write. I did quick test with branch node. True wire is always called when Branch node is disabled. I guess this is one of reasons why it is still experimental.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylonxe View Post
              This was requested before and now it is in 4.16 as experimental feature
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]148433[/ATTACH]
              NICE. I didn't even know that was there and yes, I do read the release notes. <smiles>

I'll check it out further on some of the nodes that I use a bit......

teak
              -- Willy Wonka

Comment

That's really nifty! Thanks for the insight!!!

teak
                -- Willy Wonka

Comment

The readability issues are part of the reason this is still experimental, the bigger one is that the conditional mode ('development only') cannot work properly due to 'cook in the editor', and it will probably be removed in the future. As a reminder, experimental features are experimental for a reason

Cheers,
                  Michael Noland

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
                    The readability issues are part of the reason this is still experimental, the bigger one is that the conditional mode ('development only') cannot work properly due to 'cook in the editor', and it will probably be removed in the future. As a reminder, experimental features are experimental for a reason

Cheers,
                    Michael Noland
                    So wait, the node disable feature may be removed?
                    Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                    - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
                    -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

Any experimental system might change radically or go away in the future. However in this case I meant specifically that the 'enable compile..development only' option is likely to go away.

Cheers,
                      Michael Noland

Comment

Working...
                      X