Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Blueprint] Key Mapping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [FEATURE REQUEST] [Blueprint] Key Mapping

    I would love to see native BP support for Key remapping, so that we are not dependent on C++ plugings.
    UE4 Jam Entries:
    March 2016
    September 2016
    Epic MegaJam October 2016
    December 2016

    #2
    Originally posted by Amsanity View Post
    I would love to see native BP support for Key remapping, so that we are not dependent on C++ plugings.
    There are tutorials about this that does not require C++. Some new features that came with 4.13 actually allows us to do it.
    Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

    Comment


      #3
      That doesn't actually change the Input.ini like with "Get Game Settings". Can't be considered native BP support.
      UE4 Jam Entries:
      March 2016
      September 2016
      Epic MegaJam October 2016
      December 2016

      Comment


        #4
        I wanted to let you know that this is coming, most likely in 4.17, as my PRs related to this have been accepted. See https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/3490 for most of the changes. Cheers.

        Comment


          #5
          To be honest, you can do a custom bp function library in c++ to do thoses functions, it's not complicated at all and does not require a lot of knowledge in c++
          French Game Designer - Game Designer/Prototyper
          Unreal Marketplace Assets : Options Menu Kit

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by project.gheist View Post
            I wanted to let you know that this is coming, most likely in 4.17, as my PRs related to this have been accepted. See https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/3490 for most of the changes. Cheers.
            Thats great news! Thanks!

            Originally posted by Crysux View Post
            To be honest, you can do a custom bp function library in c++ to do thoses functions, it's not complicated at all and does not require a lot of knowledge in c++
            Yes, but the point of Blueprint is that you don't have to write any line of C++ code.
            UE4 Jam Entries:
            March 2016
            September 2016
            Epic MegaJam October 2016
            December 2016

            Comment

            Working...
            X