Bugs: Back Logged vs Fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'll be switching to a 4.16 release branch as soon as 4.16 is officially out, so as soon as my project compiles again I'll let y'all know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JamesG View Post
    Is this in reference to UE-11871? That should be resolved in 4.16, just wanted to check there wasn't another issue we were unaware of.
    I can say that this still happens in 4.15.1 but due to upcoming milestones at work I doubt we will switch to 4.16 immediately when its released.
    However I can download preview2 at home and try to reproduce it.

In case [MENTION=155]TheJamsh[/MENTION] confirms this as fixed, thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Note that 'Unable to Reproduce' in this case may just mean it was fixed by some other change, and so was not able to be repro'd in the version where it was tested. Would be interested to know if your case is fixed in 4.16 though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JamesG View Post
    Is this in reference to UE-11871? That should be resolved in 4.16, just wanted to check there wasn't another issue we were unaware of.
    I had no idea that was a bug! On Issues that's marked as Unable to Reproduce - but I do actually have a reliable Repro for that in my game if that's useful now (I'll check 4.16 first)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vebski View Post
    critical bugs like traces not registering hits on landscape

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
    Ah sorry about that, should have been @ Maximum-Dev.
    It's all good, bro.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZenDavis View Post
    You misunderstand me.
    Ah sorry about that, should have been @ Maximum-Dev.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please stop making personal attacks.
    His point is not necessarily an attack. Considering a few games have been released and have generated very large profits for Epic and aren't receiving much attention it's a bit concerning as our projects too, will come out and generate some profits for Epic and we'll need better support from them otherwise our communities blame us and we'd have a lot to lose, not Epic.
    If Epic doesn't want to invest anything back into helping us that's fine, I can live with that. But that's not "We succeed if you succeed".

-Sorry for voicing my concerns.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You misunderstand me. I am arguing what Tim Sweeney purchases with his personal money has nothing to do with prioritizing bugfixes. I disagreed with Maximum-Dev. I apologize if there was a personal attack in there but I don't see it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZenDavis View Post
    I think there's a difference between developers bringing in revenue into Epic Games and a forest. Last time I checked that forest didn't bring in revenue for Epic games or need bugfixes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    So you're saying the company and the board altogether might have less money than what Tim spends on land as if he's buying an ice cream so they might not be able to afford fixing a few engine bugs or adding requested tools and things like that. Okay...
    I think there's a difference between developers bringing in revenue into Epic Games and a forest. Last time I checked that forest didn't bring in revenue for Epic games or need bugfixes. But the developers bringing in revenue for Epic games do need bugfixes and as such the argument becomes if Epic used that revenue as a matter of priortizing bugfixes, they would kill two birds with one stone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am sorry but how Tim spending his OWN money has anything to do with Epic Games? (for me he can spend all the money he has on private land, good for him)
    You do know Epic Games is a company driven by a board, and investors to respond to?
    So you're saying the company and the board altogether might have less money than what Tim spends on land as if he's buying an ice cream so they might not be able to afford fixing a few engine bugs or adding requested tools and things like that. Okay...
    Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 05-01-2017, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    Actually we do.
    http://kotaku.com/epics-co-founder-h...est-1788725152
    If they have $15 million dollars to save land, they have enough money to solve a few engine bugs.
    I am sorry but how Tim spending his OWN money has anything to do with Epic Games? (for me he can spend all the money he has on private land, good for him)
    You do know Epic Games is a company driven by a board, and investors to respond to?

EDIT: I will just stop responding, because topic about bugs turned into salt-fest with argument of money which brings no solution to the original issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...I just think you should not bring arguments like "I checked on SteamDB and PUB sold 1.7mill units! EPIC must be rich!". Because you have no clue about money Epic makes from licenses sold to AAA studios, money from their own titles and other revenue streams we have no clue about.
    Actually we do.
    http://kotaku.com/epics-co-founder-h...est-1788725152
    If they have $15 million dollars to save land, they have enough money to solve a few engine bugs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't get me wrong I agree with you on bugs and how this matter is handled. I am not happy about it because many of those bugs impact my professional and hobby project.
    I just think you should not bring arguments like "I checked on SteamDB and PUB sold 1.7mill units! EPIC must be rich!". Because you have no clue about money Epic makes from licenses sold to AAA studios, money from their own titles and other revenue streams we have no clue about.

Let's see how this topic evolves when everybody is back im the office and they have a chance ( ) to respond.
    The issue isn't that Epic is rich. It's how revenue generated from UE4 is invested back into the engine, specifically whether such revenue prioritizes how bugfixes are determined. If not, should they be? The perspective I'm taking is whether Epic should nurture a developer ecosystem that pays back into itself by focusing more, not exclusively, on the needs of those developers that bring in revenue for Epic. This ecosystem in turn would benefit all of us because, as we make similar games as those other developers, we can bring in more revenue for Epic by releasing more stable products.

If you disgaree, I respect your opinion (much love and respect). But to me it seems that progress on UE4 has recently been scatterbrained and this could help bring the company a bit more focus.
    Last edited by ZenDavis; 05-01-2017, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X