Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Lighting Channels for Sky Light

Hey there.
    SkyLights don't have a Lighting Channel like the other types of light.
    This is a hindrance because My game makes use of a 3D Inventory. It looks weird that the Objects in the inventory are affected by the SkyLight, even though they should be lit separately.

+1 That would be useful. I had only played with lighting channels for a brief moment, but didn't know it wasn't applied to Sky Lights. That functionality would be appreciated.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Thanks will be extremely useful for tweaking lighting for characters.
      Marketplace content: Modular Sci Fi Office - Projectiles Pack - Research Center - Quest System - All Content

Free content: Etherlinker

Website | Youtube

Comment

+1 its really important feature , hope to see this soon

Comment

This is a great idea. +1 to this

Comment

Different Skylights would also help with Interiors. I'm thinking about caves which should be dark instead of illuminated by the SkyLight. There's a workaround that involves turning of the SkyLight, but this doesn't work with baked SkyLights.
            Streaming a different Level for the cave doesn't seem to be a good solution, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post
              Different Skylights would also help with Interiors. I'm thinking about caves which should be dark instead of illuminated by the SkyLight. There's a workaround that involves turning of the SkyLight, but this doesn't work with baked SkyLights.
              Streaming a different Level for the cave doesn't seem to be a good solution, either.
              this. THIS.
              Follow me on Twitter!
              Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
              Localized IBL for UE4

Comment

+1 I need this for hacks YOLO
                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Working...
                X