Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if bought marketplace content isnt developed any further and the author refuses to call back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two-faced View Post
    [MENTION=12960]BoredEngineer[/MENTION] yes, we don't have any statistics. And I hope at least 50% owners of random plugin actually bought one)
    So your concern is piracy? Not sure how closed source is suppose to generate extera sales to offset said piracy...
    Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Two-faced View Post
      Why do you need to buy stuff that is already known to you through public source code?
      Because writing something like generic pool mechanism is not a rocket science by itself but takes effort to write it, test it, write documentation, expose necessary functions and BP nodes and maintain. When code is written nicely I don't have a problem of modding it to my liking and extending if some functions or classes are not there. In case if developer is not there anymore, me and other customers are still able to communicate to each other and collaboratively solve issues if such arise.
      Looking at the code of the developer helps me to decide if I want to buy his other products and services in feature, or negotiate a custom piece of work. Good code helps not only me but him too, to maintain and extend it.
      Last edited by BoredEngineer; 04-05-2017, 01:06 PM.
      Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
      X