No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4 Deserves Clean UI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe that such modern software has such an outdated interface. For every minimalist person, it looks like a joke.

Comment

This is great. Should add to 4.21 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasault View Post
        they have been adding so many new ue4 versions, and they haven't come up with the idea of reworking the whole ui
        Thats because they did complete total remake from ground up with the release UE4 (4 years ago), which includes creation of UI system named Slate which also powers UMG with exclusion of Cascade and Matinee editors which still use old UI system which slowly gonna be replaced with Sequencer and Niagara. I would not expect total redesign attempts until potential UE5 since this will eat up lot of resources and this is how historically pace in which UE editor UI evolved.
        Last edited by Shadowriver; 11-06-2018, 08:16 PM.
        =========
        My Tutorials:
        Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

Comment

A lot of newbies don't realise it but one of the fundamental rules of UE is that the editor and launcher both use the same engine as the game.

It's super nice in that your skills in making games transfer smoothly into enhancing the editor or making a launcher. The drawback is that the launcher is the worst part of the whole thing because it's made using the engine.

Part of the difficulty is that both Slate and UMG need improvements in specific areas. It still boggles the mind that we're slowly working through more or less the same process as HTML did back in the day. Why don't we just enable HTML-based UIs? They're faster, they're more predictable and you can just access the DOM from blueprints or C++. Expose UE assets to the DOM with a virtual address. Don't enable any javascript, just CSS and HTML.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
            It still boggles the mind that we're slowly working through more or less the same process as HTML did back in the day.
            This. I feel like slate is not getting love anymore even if it is one of the most important core parts in UE. There is a lot of missing features which are available by default in other UI frameworks. For example: why are there so many DPI and 4k slate issues in 2018?
            I can not understand why there is not dedicated slate team which would get it to perfect condition, so even UE5 will have great ground base... I also would like to see some effort of making it's core almost completely detached from UE and released as standalone UI framework, so UE would be only pulling updates.

Comment

How to download this?

Comment

Download link please. Download link bro! I love your new ui design so much. Its super best!!!!!!!!!!!!
                10/10.
                Please put download link bro.

Comment

Would love to have that right now

PS: one small side note, to all who love the 3D icons - the main reason why rather minimalistic 2D icons should be used: the current 3D icons scale badly (especially in the world outliner). I set the main tool bar to small icons and it's a little bit hard to tell, what they show.
                  Last edited by limbusdev; 04-04-2019, 04:51 AM.

Comment

AB SO LU TE LY!
                    UE4 looks like some random kids from the hood designed its UI. Gigantic idiotic buttons like for 6 year olds. And overall a huge huge huge waste of space. And almost each window looks like it belongs to a different software. And to make it even more user unfriendly, you can't even save and load layouts.
                    There's only 1 quality to the current UE4 UI.. it's dark.

Comment

Is this planned to be realeased?

Comment

Hi EXGAMESADRENALII! Nice work!
                        I am currently learning UE4 and find the dark UI extremely hard to read. I have an eye disease that renders me unable to read in extreme brightness contrast.

I was more than excited to see your white UI, and I was dying to have it on my UE4.
                        Sadly I had no idea how to achieve it. Any chance I could have the knowledge upon how to make my UE4 white? wink*

Comment

Originally posted by EXGAMESADRENALINE View Post
                          [/B]
                          Hi EXGAMESADRENALINE, I absolutely love your work. I think that working with UE4 with your clean UI would be awesome and really satisfying.
                          I have some experience with the Slate framework and I already did some minor UI modification to the editor. I think I could quite easily change the Editor appearance to look like your screenshots, my only problem is that I do not have any time to work on this, but I really would love to.
                          Change the Editor appearance is quite easy but definitely requires a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by QraveXiao View Post
                            Hi EXGAMESADRENALII! Nice work!
                            I am currently learning UE4 and find the dark UI extremely hard to read. I have an eye disease that renders me unable to read in extreme brightness contrast.

I was more than excited to see your white UI, and I was dying to have it on my UE4.
                            Sadly I had no idea how to achieve it. Any chance I could have the knowledge upon how to make my UE4 white? wink*
                            it’s not out yet sorry

Comment

Hi EXGAMESADRENALI, your design is really amazing :O
                              If you are still working on this project, you could collaborate or make a fork of a minimal UE4 theme that was made by Alesssafur.
                              If you canceled/are canceling the project, could you release your resources for the community to continue your project and implement it.

Have to say it again, awesome work.

Comment

Working...
                              X