Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    It's #5 under
    Did you hear anything back from Alexander?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKindGames View Post
      Did you hear anything back from Alexander?
      Nopes.....

Comment

Nopes.....
        [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Does anyone actually need actual spline decals? I'd settle just for a system that creates a series of irregular squares (used for projecting the decals) of some size and then arranges them so that the ends connect.

Comment

Originally posted by jonimake View Post
            Does anyone actually need actual spline decals? I'd settle just for a system that creates a series of irregular squares (used for projecting the decals) of some size and then arranges them so that the ends connect.
            "Need", no.. I don't even need Unreal Engine, but want oh hell yes.!

Comment

Any update on this?? Yes, we NEED this feature for all the reasons stated in previous posts and more. The Cryengine implementation is superb so as mentioned, the devs could install the latest free rev of CE5 and take a hands on look.

Fingers crossed it actually makes it into a dev build this year, pretty please.

Comment

Surpassed 100 votes.

Comment

UE definitely needs spline decals. It's almost as captain obvious as plants needing sun to grow. They would help save astronomic amounts of content creation time. In the meantime, just do what everyone else does and make a custom dithering material function+txaa. It can get a little grainy up close, but saves a ton of performance because you don't have to use actual translucency.

Comment

Let me quote myself again.

Can anyone please link this to this?
                    If the thread isn't linked to the issue all the feedback and comparisons we've done here goes unseen when the engine devs scroll over the issue.

Comment

Let me quote myself again.

If the thread isn't linked to the issue all the feedback and comparisons we've done here goes unseen when the engine devs scroll over the issue.
                      Asked them in answerhub, hopefully they'll answer

Comment

Just one more supporter for this feature! me

Comment

Just bumping this in case Epic hasn't seen the thread.

Comment

I'd also like to hear from Epic on this. It's certainly got the votes to warrant a response, I feel.

Comment

UE-13142

Unknown Issue
                              We're unable to find any record of this issue. It's possible this issue just hasn't been made public yet. If this issue was reported in the community, please request onAnswerHub orUnreal Developer Network if you would like to see the details of this issue become public.
                              Ummm, what?

Comment

It could be related to this change...
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post734928

Comment

Working...
                                X