Dynamic shadows artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post
    [MENTION=30269]netfrag-sam[/MENTION] Would it be much of a hassle for You to change the thread name to something like "Whole scene dynamic shadows artifacts" ?
    4.14 in the title might be somewhat misleading, because the problem affects all versions.
    Unfortunately only moderators can change thread titles.
    Artstation
    Join the support channel
    Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
      Unfortunately only moderators can change thread titles.
      Strange. I was somewhat convinced that you were able to change the thread name by editing opening post in advanced mode.

Comment

I will change the name if [MENTION=30269]netfrag-sam[/MENTION] will give a green light(And new thread name of course)
        SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
        Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post
          Strange. I was somewhat convinced that you were able to change the thread name by editing opening post in advanced mode.
          You can, but the new title will show only when you are inside the thread. If you view the thread from forum view it still shows the old title. There was a thread about it and Epic looked into it, the conclusion was the code was confusing and required some in depth work so... case closed.
          Artstation
          Join the support channel
          Gumroad Store

Comment

[MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] maybe you could relay these questions forward?

Comment

Having this problem pretty bad with my characters. I have to lower shadow bias to get good shadows in particular areas like the nose but it messes up the shadows overall.
              Character Customizer

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                I will change the name if [MENTION=30269]netfrag-sam[/MENTION] will give a green light(And new thread name of course)
                Of course, you can change the title.

Comment

Comment

Well it isn't a surprise that the devs haven't responded during the few days since the week just started

Comment

For what it's worth, we were able to ping Chance on this topic, so we might get some developer attention.
                      Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

It's funny I look up this issue to see if it's been fixed and you guys mention my post about it from 2 years ago.

Maybe not too many people are using dynamic day night cycles with curved surfaces?
                        GTA 5 doesn't have this issue does it? Where you at Epic!

Comment

Is it possible no one from Epic has seen this thread yet? I doubt it. Is there any reason nobody from Epic comment on the issue (and some others)? Well luckily I got a theory for you people. :P It might be their sense of humor because I find it quite fun as months/years go and people still desperately bump these threads.
                          Artstation
                          Join the support channel
                          Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                            Is it possible no one from Epic has seen this thread yet? I doubt it. Is there any reason nobody from Epic comment on the issue (and some others)? Well luckily I got a theory for you people. :P It might be their sense of humor because I find it quite fun as months/years go and people still desperately bump these threads.
                            I desperately want to make a good game and this isn't fun or a joke to me because I am a serious developer sir..
                            Last edited by CyberDev; 06-26-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Sadly, there was nothing (that I saw) in the recent github commit that would've improved the situation: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...c11ff483d10558

Comment

https://youtu.be/A0BfZoFZyBs?t=30m38s it is said that there is auto biasing. Guess its another WIP/coming sometime soon feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X