Dynamic shadows artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PieBaron View Post
    Hello, I see this thread was started in 2015, is there still no good solution to cascade shadow artefacts? I am getting this in my scene, shadow bias moves the shadow far from the point of surface contact, and any subtle angles get filled with lines and jagged shadows
    The problem still exists. The shadow slope bias made it a littlebit less obvious at certain areas, but it's still very noticable.

Also:
    Originally posted by II_ADN_II View Post
    Right now, after all this years with UE4, Epic still treat dynamic lighting without the importance it should have. And this is clear by the lack of optimization and the basic problems of shadowmaps such as the one in this thread, wich is 3 years old, and only very recently a small and quick made fix was proposed.
    It's sad that I have to agree with this. Building a game that uses dynamic lighting only has been a struggle ever since, and at every step it feels like Epic sees dynamic lighting as not important.

Comment

Originally posted by PieBaron View Post
      Hello, I see this thread was started in 2015, is there still no good solution to cascade shadow artefacts? I am getting this in my scene, shadow bias moves the shadow far from the point of surface contact, and any subtle angles get filled with lines and jagged shadows https://www.dropbox.com/s/sitk16mkx7...51-24.mp4?dl=0
      I would play with the slope bias, bias and the cascade amount of the directional.
      Check 3d tips! POLY DNA

Comment

I know its from a different engine, but this solutions I think are worht a try:

https://catlikecoding.com/unity/tuto...ional-shadows/

Would anyone that messed up with the render before give me some guidelines or tips about how to do it?
        Last edited by II_ADN_II; 07-11-2020, 10:31 PM.
        Check 3d tips! POLY DNA

Comment

Shadow Resolution Scale, in the directional light, is capable of smoothing jagged shadow edges. But it can make other aspects of shadows difficult to adapt / modify properly...

Comment

Originally posted by presto423 View Post
            Shadow Resolution Scale, in the directional light, is capable of smoothing jagged shadow edges. But it can make other aspects of shadows difficult to adapt / modify properly...
            This is sadly not a fix, as we have tried already over two years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X