No announcement yet.

Dynamic shadows artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention that there are lots of Krzysztof registered...
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post

No one is insulting the man, but we really have no way of knowing if this 1-post account is an impersonator or not..
      I was commenting the part with "And if he was really from Epic, than this would be a really poor response after all this time."
      And I simply assumed it can't be a fake account. That post doesn't include any serious "trolling material", this would be incredibly lame troll.

Well, lesson learned. Should quote only relevant part of post...
      Last edited by Moth Doctor; 02-16-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Can confirm, new Epic dev

Comment

Okay now that it is confirmed, thank you for finally getting back to us. I hope you understand my (and others too I am sure) frustration having this problem all the time, I had to abandon a promising project because of it (which I already had put a lot work into).

Could you please let us know what your plans are to adress this problem and how you try to fix it - I mean other than implementing what Kalle-H did?

Also, could you, or anyone from Epic, let us know why there hasn't been a response for so long? And if possible, how you plan to avoid such non-communication in future?

Thank you again and welcome to the community!

Comment

Let be honest. This thread hasn't been most welcoming for Dev's to jump in. Lot's of whining and overreactions. Not that much actually helpful information or suggestions. I also do want to know what are the Epic plans with shadows but I am feared that this negative attitude just silence them.

Currently I am trying to improve PCSS. They are bit too noisy and tend to overblur close casters. There are also some light bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
              ...but I am feared that this negative attitude just silence them.
              You mean the negative attitude that got formed for being ignored for +1 year, n threads and 17 pages? :P

Anyways, I'm glad to know that we finally have a confirmation from Epic saying "Can't promise anything". So now we know they're well aware of it and I can now stop bumping this every now and then.
              Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 02-17-2018, 09:46 AM.
              Artstation
              Join the support channel
              Gumroad Store

Comment

It is indeed a big relief to finally have an official acknowledgment from Epic and thanks for your awesome contributions Kalle-H!
                ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                  It is indeed a big relief to finally have an official acknowledgment from Epic and thanks for your awesome contributions Kalle-H!
                  Kalle-H contributions are going towards his/her specific needs at the moment, so it is not a broad solution for every issue derived from the main problem. I do agree the contributions are most welcome (better than nothing), but what these contributions tell me is that things can be improved (if not fixed) if there is someone engaged into this. Epic's acknowledge, even later, is also better than no acknowledge at all after all the waiting we have giving.

We all want to deliver state-of-the-art content and this basically depends not only on the criativity, effort and talent we have at our disposal, but we also need a counterpart effort from Epic. Im really not going to follow-up this thread anymore, because my day goes a lot smooth than being remembered everytime how bad the situations is.

Cheers!
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
                    Let be honest. This thread hasn't been most welcoming for Dev's to jump in. Lot's of whining and overreactions. Not that much actually helpful information or suggestions. I also do want to know what are the Epic plans with shadows but I am feared that this negative attitude just silence them.

Currently I am trying to improve PCSS. They are bit too noisy and tend to overblur close casters. There are also some light bleeding.
                    I don't see a lot of overreaction. It would be overreacting if we would go crazy after one month without a reply from Epic. But after over one year, I think it's absolutely reasonable that we get sour, especially because not few of us are heavily affected by this problem, up to the extend that we cannot showcase our work.

Still, I don't think anyone really wants to burn Epic at the stake. All we want is a statement that acknowledges why they ignored us for this long and a promise that they will be working on fixing this in the near future. I think that's only fair.

And think about it this way, you want to have a good relationship with your community, especially if you're Epic and you rely heavily on it. I personally might not be an engine contributor, but I still want to help the community and offer free blueprints and assets. And, you know, encourage more people to use this engine over Unity or Lumberyard. However, stuff like this makes me want to not come back here anymore.
                    Last edited by spacegojira; 02-18-2018, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I don't want to comment on the one year wait or the community management on these forums anymore, I think everyone is getting tired of it by now, just want to apologise toKrzysztof.N for doubting the authenticity of his account, hope you understand that without the badge there was no way of knowing.

Comment

LOL at Epic throwing the new guy under the wheels of this thread bus, sorry mate, any response is welcome after such a long wait!

Comment

Two PR to fix PCFSS problems. Gather is smoothing dither noise quite much by adding sample count to 4x with negligible cost. Tuning min pcf sample radius improves close contact shadows quite a lot.
                          https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4508
                          https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4507

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle-H View Post
                            Two PR to fix PCFSS problems. Gather is smoothing dither noise quite much by adding sample count to 4x with negligible cost. Tuning min pcf sample radius improves close contact shadows quite a lot.
                            Thank you for your continuous work on this, Kalle-H.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle-H View Post
                              Awesome man thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Epic should have hired Kalle-H instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X