Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steamworks is not fully supported, when will it be ?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [BLUEPRINT] Steamworks is not fully supported, when will it be ?!

    From what I understand Achievements are supported in BP. However, Leaderboards are not working correctly and it's still hasn't been fixed. This dev provides a fix https://lordihean.net/2016/04/21/ue4...-leaderboards/ and I don't see how Epic can't fix it in the stock UE4 ?!

    No one really knows if Cloud Saves, Player ID, etc. are supported at all.

    Not to mention anything multiplayer related is not working and not even exposed to BP.

    The odd thing is that most of, if not all, PC games are distributed via Steam nowadays, and Steamworks is an essential part of the platform. So it's just strange to see Epic neglecting that side of the engine.

    Could you guys please fix it by 4.15 - 4.16, at least basics like Leaderboards and Player ID, and provide docs about that?

    Thanks

    P.S. Scratch what I said about Achievements - looks like they don't work correctly either https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post615124
    Last edited by motorsep; 12-08-2016, 04:45 PM.

    #2
    Please change it so we can set the server name instead of it using SteamID. Please make Ping return the correct value.

    Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

    Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

    Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

    Comment


      #3
      Would be nice to negotiate with steam to remove the region lock for testing overseas and fix the issue where half the players get kicked out of the server when performing a server travel too.

      Comment


        #4
        Yes a very important to have these additions! Thank youf or this, big vote here!

        Comment


          #5
          Big, fat +1 from me. Steamworks integration is a must-have thing in these days...

          Comment


            #6
            +1

            10chars

            Comment


              #7
              Hey y'all! Thanks for all the feedback about Steam support. I've compiled up your requests and handed to up to the appropriate people. Please feel free to keep giving details on this post to help us better understand your needs.
              Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
              Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

              Comment


                #8
                Two HUGE things have been broken with the steam integration for a long time now.

                1. Dedicated Servers (VERY CRITICAL)
                The following pull request has existed since March 6th to resolve this issue.
                https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2135
                This is being managed by someone who is not an expert. I have verified that it is working for 4.12.5 and below. I have not verified anything above that version.

                2. VOIP
                The following pull request used to fix this issue
                https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1661

                However, since 4.12.5 this pull no longer resolves the issues (this one was actually merged into core).

                The current voip is unusable in 4.12.5+. You get to hear a few words and that is it..

                The issue that was opened for it was backlogged..
                https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-36879


                I hope Epic doesn't needs us to tell them that steam is the biggest pc platform out there and that these things are important.
                Last edited by erebel55; 12-12-2016, 06:56 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by erebel55 View Post
                  Two HUGE things have been broken with the steam integration for a long time now.

                  1. Dedicated Servers (VERY CRITICAL)
                  The following pull request has existed since March 6th to resolve this issue.
                  https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2135
                  This is being managed by someone who is not an expert. I have verified that it is working for 4.12.5 and below. I have not verified anything above that version.

                  2. VOIP
                  The following pull request used to fix this issue
                  https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1661

                  However, since 4.12.5 this pull no longer resolves the issues (this one was actually merged into core).

                  The current voip is unusable in 4.12.5+. You get to hear a few words and that is it..

                  The issue that was opened for it was backlogged..
                  https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-36879


                  I hope Epic doesn't needs us to tell them that steam is the biggest pc platform out there and that these things are important.
                  Yesss.... Epic devs, Steam is so important, more important than a lot of headlining features in recent releases. I'm more or less hamstrung on 4.11 simply because versions after that break more things than they fix.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Steam Inventory control would be a great add, on top of getting friends list, account info, avatar ect much like the advanced steam sessions adds.

                    but native support for say steam avatars to show steam pictures in lobbies ect would be amazing.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Alright, here is a full list of Steamworks features:
                      • Achievements and Stats
                      • Authentication and Ownership
                      • Big Picture
                      • Cloud storage (for saves and whatnot)
                      • Steam Controller (now with PS4 Dualshock support on PC)
                      • DLC
                      • Error Reporting
                      • Game Notification
                      • In-Game Overlay
                      • HTML Render
                      • IAP
                      • Inventory Services
                      • Leaderboards
                      • Matchmaking and Lobbies
                      • VoIP
                      • Anti-cheats
                      • Workshop
                      • Dedicated servers


                      RED - first order
                      BLUE - second order

                      All that, prioritized, should be exposed to Blueprints.
                      Last edited by motorsep; 12-14-2016, 11:45 AM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I wonder if Epic devs saw this already and maybe have some feedback for us

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I've had achievements and stats working in the past....is this all broken now with 4.14??????

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by nate1380 View Post
                            I've had achievements and stats working in the past....is this all broken now with 4.14??????
                            I think that's the only thing that used to work (but no one can confirm if it works in 4.14.1 :P).

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                              I think that's the only thing that used to work (but no one can confirm if it works in 4.14.1 :P).
                              We've had some luck with stats, but now I can't even trigger achievements and see this in my logs:

                              LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steam achievements have not been read for player XXXX

                              We can't even seem to pull a player name now....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X