Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your claims of Android compatibility seems like false advertising.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your claims of Android compatibility seems like false advertising.

I am an Indie developer for iOS. I just got started with Unreal Engine because you claim to support iOS and Android. Your editor, engine, and tutorials are first-rate. This is certainly the best engine out today. The problem I have is your claim to support Android development. As it stands today, this is wrong.

I tried getting TappyChicken to work on Three devices now (I went out and bought a GalaxyTab today.) It doesn't work on any of them. I understand when you released TappyChicken, you were using updates not yet available as of the current version - 4.2.1. I also understand you will have more support for Android in version 4.3, but currently your support for android is almost non-existent, so I wouldn't claim Android compatibility yet. I know you guys are excited, but you are turning off a lot of your customers who are coming from Unity, where Android support is excellent.

May I suggest you call Android support experimental until you get the kinks out. It doesn't look good.

Originally posted by ST64 View Post
    It doesn't work on any of them.
    I suggest you elaborate a bit more OP, as "doesn't work" is not enough info to actually tell how to fix the problem in any way.

In general, if something isn't working, you'll want to provide as much information as possible on the specific nature of the problem, rather than just saying "doesn't work" which will make it impossible for anyone to help you.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I think there are better ways of phrasing your statement without automatically taking the offensive.

they have a list of supported android devices here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ity/index.html, and when signing up for UE4 they specifically state:
      The current release is aimed at early adopters, and it has some rough areas:

The UE4 Editor requires a desktop PC or Mac with a fast NVIDIA or AMD GPU
      Android hardware compatibility is limited
      iOS deployment currently requires a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
        I suggest you elaborate a bit more OP, as "doesn't work" is not enough info to actually tell how to fix the problem in any way.

In general, if something isn't working, you'll want to provide as much information as possible on the specific nature of the problem, rather than just saying "doesn't work" which will make it impossible for anyone to help you.
        Well I posted this in the Android forum, where what you are asking would be more obvious. Here is just one: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-tappy-chicken and there are plenty of others.

Comment

Well I posted this in the Android forum, where what you are asking would be more obvious. Here is just one: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-tappy-chicken and there are plenty of others.
          LOL! They tested on 3 devices.... 3 devices? Here is just one thread that seems to explain what I am talking about: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-tappy-chicken

Comment

Ah right, I wasn't aware you had other threads (I don't check the Android or iOS forums much) with more specific information.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I don't have other threads. The thread I mentioned was someone else.

Comment

Ah right, I wasn't aware you had other threads (I don't check the Android or iOS forums much) with more specific information.
                Oh BTW, you were a great help. LOL.

Comment

Honestly dude, I don't know how inclined people will be to help you if you're going to behave like that. I get that you're frustrated, but this isn't really helping anything.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Honestly dude, I don't know how inclined people will be to help you if you're going to behave like that. I get that you're frustrated, but this isn't really helping anything.

Just sayin'.
                    No offense dude, but when you make Captain Obvious posts like your first one on this thread, I have almost no expectations you would ever be able to help. I was looking for help from Epic.

Comment

This thread was opened in Android section but i moved it here, since it sounds like the OP is giving feedback.

By the way, Epic already admitted many times that not every Android device is supported, but they are working on it.
                      FREE VR Drum Kit Project
                      FREE Color LUT Collection
                      FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                      FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                      Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                      Camera Crossfade

Comment

No offense dude, but when you make Captain Obvious posts like your first one on this thread, I have almost no expectations you would ever be able to help. I was looking for help from Epic.
                        If it's so captain obvious, maybe you should have linked to the threads that actually explain your problem in detail in the first place.

Again though, I don't see anyone jumping out to help if you keep up that attitude. No offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                          This thread was opened in Android section but i moved it here, since it sounds like the OP is giving feedback.

By the way, Epic already admitted many times that not every Android device is supported, but they are working on it.
                          Thanks for your help. I am sorry, but I never saw anything when signing-up that Android support was spotty. Can you show me where this is mentioned in the sales part of the site? Also I haven't got one android device to work, even one I bought today. Does it let you make 3D games for mobiles or only 2D games like TappyChicken?

Comment

If it's so captain obvious, maybe you should have linked to the threads that actually explain your problem in detail in the first place.

Again though, I don't see anyone jumping out to help if you keep up that attitude. No offense.
                            You are so funny. I did post in the Android section. They moved this thread here. LOL!

Comment

It says android support is currently limited on the signup page.

https://www.unrealengine.com/register

Comment

Working...
                              X