No announcement yet.

to developers, ue 4.14 crashes! - Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not sure if this means anything. but most of the time when ue crashes my pc has a little message saying that my video card kernel stopped working & has recovered..

Comment

hey paul would you mind sharing your pc specs? and graphics card?
      if you havent had any crashes,really?

id like to know what os u have & graphics card. thanks if u can do this

Comment

I've had crashes with Unreal yes but mostly due to my own mistakes. Also I did experience this crash that you speak of when I downloaded someones testfile from the ANSWERHUB. The problem there was an EMPTY that was created(they were using 3ds MAX I imported it into Blender) made Unreal crash when you imported as SKELETAL MESH. Anyway I have more than 1 pc running Unreal so I can list other specs.

Xeon e5 - 1620 3.6ghz
        24gig DDR3 ECC ram
        Geforce gtx 970 & Quadro K600(in same pc yes)
        Windows 10

Comment

i have windows 7 ,nividia geforce gtx 460m
          4.14 crashes alot for me. most of the time its when i double click the animation. which is all black like it didnt import
          i wonder if its my video card? seems like im the only one having problems with it crashing.

thanks for leaving your specs

Comment

Hi everyone.

With the latest releases, we are aware that many users are experiencing a variety of similar crashes with the error message: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG'). For these crashes, something is causing your graphics card to hang, and the engine responds by crashing. Here is the link to the #1 crash in 4.14 - https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-37999

Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce this crash internally at Epic, and we have not been able to narrow down any specific hardware or drivers that contribute to the issue.

If you are able to determine a definite reproduction case (especially if it occurs across multiple computers), please share the details with us!

Additionally, we would appreciate anyone who is experiencing a crash like this to run the UE4Editor.exe with the command line: -d3ddebug
            This will add additional DX information to your project logs. After you crash, please gather the log file and attach it to a post in the Bug Report section on the UE4 Answerhub (additional information about how to log a bug report in my signature)

Thank you for your help.
            Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 11-29-2016, 02:21 PM.
            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

This is what I get when I do print screen at crash, not sure this is helpfull?

Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 791]
              Rendering thread exception:
              Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176]
              Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

KERNELBASE.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
              UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
              UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
              UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
              UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
              UE4Editor-RHI.dll
              UE4Editor-SlateRHIRenderer.dll
              UE4Editor-SlateRHIRenderer.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll
              UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              UE4Editor-Core.dll
              kernel32.dll
              ntdll.dll
              ntdll.dll

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                Hi everyone.

With the latest releases, we are aware that many users are experiencing a variety of similar crashes with the error message: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG'). For these crashes, something is causing your graphics card to hang, and the engine responds by crashing. Here is the link to the #1 crash in 4.14 - https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-37999

Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce this crash internally at Epic, and we have not been able to narrow down any specific hardware or drivers that contribute to the issue.

If you are able to determine a definite reproduction case (especially if it occurs across multiple computers), please share the details with us!

Additionally, we would appreciate anyone who is experiencing a crash like this to run the UE4Editor.exe with the command line: -d3ddebug
                This will add additional DX information to your project logs. After you crash, please gather the log file and attach it to a post in the Bug Report section on the UE4 Answerhub (additional information about how to log a bug report in my signature)

Thank you for your help.
                hi Stephen. i have been trying all day to run ue with -d3ddebug as Doug advised but im not sure how to do this. ue 4.14 crashes on me all the time . it always happens when i double click the animation.
                could you give detailed steps on how to run ue with -d3ddebug?? with the command line?? if so i will run it & give my log information.
                thankyou

Comment

Hello! Engine crashes 2 times after i opened skeletal mesh asset -_- GTS 450. on 4.13.2 all fine no any problems -_-

MachineId:97FC753F4FB8B4580D8DB7BD336660C8
                  EpicAccountId:fc928437d99c48cd84d3f61d2eff06d9

Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176]
                  Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:332]
                  UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:176]
                  UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!VerifyD3D11Result() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:225]
                  UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::PresentChecked() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:269]
                  UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::Present() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:450]
                  UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:554]
                  UE4Editor_RHI!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1347]
                  UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!FSlateRHIRenderer:rawWindow_RenderThread() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:486]
                  UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!TGraphTask<`FSlateRHIRenderer:rawWindows_Private'::`35'::EURCMacro_SlateDrawWindowsCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:868]
                  UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:932]
                  UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:679]
                  UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:320]
                  UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:454]
                  UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread
                  Last edited by YOYOMAN_MODDER; 12-01-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artistchampion View Post
                    hi Stephen. i have been trying all day to run ue with -d3ddebug as Doug advised but im not sure how to do this. ue 4.14 crashes on me all the time . it always happens when i double click the animation.
                    could you give detailed steps on how to run ue with -d3ddebug?? with the command line?? if so i will run it & give my log information.
                    thankyou
                    To run with the -d3ddebug command:
                    1. Locate your UE4Editor.exe file. It is probably somewhere like: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe (depends on where you installed the Launcher to)
                    2. Right-click the file > Create Shortcut (a new shortcut icon will be made)
                    3. Right-click the new shortcut > Properties
                    4. In the Properties window, in the Target field, after the end quotes, add -d3ddebug (it should look like: ...Win64\UE4Editor.exe" -d3ddebug)
                    5. Click OK. Run the shortcut to launch the Editor with this command.

After you get this crash, go into your Project's folder, and find the latest log file in Saved/Logs. Please share this as an attachment on a bug report in the UE4 Answerhub. This log may help us to pinpoint the issue.

Thank you.
                    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 12-05-2016, 01:44 PM.
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Hello! Engine is super crazy! crashes every time(( Dear Epics, please fix issue with D3D11RHI

Comment

crashes here aswell gpu quadro 4000m, can't open skeletal meshes,animations change materials everything crashes the display driver :/

Comment

Originally posted by 0bas0 View Post
                          crashes here aswell gpu quadro 4000m, can't open skeletal meshes,animations change materials everything crashes the display driver :/
                          its crapp! i im crying Engine also crash my win10 PRO x64.... first win crash along 5 years

Comment

[MENTION=29043]0bas0[/MENTION] [MENTION=34615]YOYOMAN_MODDER[/MENTION]

Can you please follow Stephen's post above and reply here with the information? Without this information it's not possible for us to proceed.
                            Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 12-05-2016, 03:55 PM.
                            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                            UE4 Documentation

Comment

Have the crashing problem as well when importing and FBX using a large resolution material. If I import with material unchecked then the model and texture imports just fine. With material checked importing the complete model causes a crash.

As well if I import with out material and attempt to build it using the imported texture once applied to model UE4 crashes so I don't think it's an import problem but a rendering issue.

Video driver crashing and not UE4?

If I can find the file who to send it to?
                              Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                              Custom Map Maker Discord
                              https://discord.gg/t48GHkA
                              Urban Terror https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

Comment

[MENTION=536]FrankieV[/MENTION]

You can send it to me via the forums here in a private message link if you find it. Once I'm back in the office on Monday I'll try to see if I can reproduce using your suggestion here.

- What are you system specs?
                                - Do you recall the approximate poly count for the mesh, if it was a single mesh or many meshes in this single file?
                                - Lastly, do you recall the texture size you had?

Thanks!

Tim
                                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Working...
                                X