• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
    Its in the subspace between gimmick and a fad
    I'd consider it both haha

Comment

Apparently they just rebooted Paragon...
      So yeah, everybody there must be very deeply busy trying to make Paragon survive.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
        Apparently they just rebooted Paragon...
        So yeah, everybody there must be very deeply busy trying to make Paragon survive.
        I guess I missed something, what happened with Paragon?

Comment

Originally posted by paragonx9 View Post
          from my point of view, it's way too slow paced, not entertaining to watch (because of camera angle) and in general boring to play.

Comment

from my point of view, it's way too slow paced, not entertaining to watch (because of camera angle) and in general boring to play.
            At Epic works no Kojima

Comment

I don't support kojima worshipers, i don't think he a genius game designer. He good in marketing and his persona used for marketing, but nothing else.

Comment

Roccinio was considering other engine components as gimmicks.

So all I was saying is, if those features are regarded as "gimmick" then paper2d would also qualify as such.
                I would never call them that

Hey bud! Why are you trying to make me look bad? :P
                I never said engine components are gimmicks (then Paper2d would be a gimmick as you said).
                I said that, for example, VR Editing is one of them and the man hours wasted on something so trivial could be spend in something a lot more useful , like giving us Paper2d guys a freaking way to lock layers so we can create levels!
                One day i will challenge that awesome dude, Mike Friker ( a genius with the impulse of a 5 year old! XD) to come and work with me for a day, to create multi layer levels with Paper2d.
                I can almost taste the salt from his tears coming down his cheek while he rage quits the 25th time he tries to click select one of the assets..!!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by paragonx9 View Post
                  The game is completely different now; even the Agora map have being completely replaced by a kinda 'meh' one.
                  There's no more Harvesters to collect from and the most fun of the game also is gone, that thing when someone takes the Orb Prime and your team is supposed to kill the guy to not let him deliver, etc...
                  My brother logged in my acc and played around 30 games he said; he told me almost all of them there was very unbalanced matches as well (people constantly going 0/10/0 or quitting mid game) and then he quit lol
                  I myself played a lot of matches there, but I just have no time to play anymore.
                  | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                    Yeah I agree with you, it just feels like there's no personality or character to it, and it's definitely too slow-paced. But the guy up there said they "rebooted Paragon" leading me to wonder if they had stopped development on it or something of the like.

At Epic works no Kojima
                    Yep... Genius and great game *engine* designers haha.

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                    I don't support kojima worshipers, i don't think he a genius game designer. He good in marketing and his persona used for marketing, but nothing else.
                    Well he pretty much always lands whatever game he makes. Whether the game itself is technically genius or not, the fact is his formula works, and people gobble it up. I usually enjoy his games and I don't adore him or anything so he must be doing something right lol

Originally posted by Roccinio View Post
                    Hey bud! Why are you trying to make me look bad? :P
                    I never said engine components are gimmicks (then Paper2d would be a gimmick as you said).
                    I said that, for example, VR Editing is one of them and the man hours wasted on something so trivial could be spend in something a lot more useful , like giving us Paper2d guys a freaking way to lock layers so we can create levels!
                    One day i will challenge that awesome dude, Mike Friker ( a genius with the impulse of a 5 year old! XD) to come and work with me for a day, to create multi layer levels with Paper2d.
                    I can almost taste the salt from his tears coming down his cheek while he rage quits the 25th time he tries to click select one of the assets..!!

Cheers!
                    Your post made me laugh, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                      The game is completely different now; even the Agora map have being completely replaced by a kinda 'meh' one.
                      There's no more Harvesters to collect from and the most fun of the game also is gone, that thing when someone takes the Orb Prime and your team is supposed to kill the guy to not let him deliver, etc...
                      My brother logged in my acc and played around 30 games he said; he told me almost all of them there was very unbalanced matches as well (people constantly going 0/10/0 or quitting mid game) and then he quit lol
                      I myself played a lot of matches there, but I just have no time to play anymore.
                      Ahhh alright, that seems a bit sad. Hopefully they'll stick more to the engine now though

Comment

Well he pretty much always lands whatever game he makes. Whether the game itself is technically genius or not, the fact is his formula works, and people gobble it up.
                        And currently they are developing Death Stranding right under my nose.
                        But in order to "get-in" you need at least 3 AAA titles under your belt

Comment

And currently they are developing Death Stranding right under my nose.
                          But in order to "get-in" you need at least 3 AAA titles under your belt
                          Which leads to logical question and the reason why I'm not a fan of hype train around him: Does those games he made really because of a "Kojima genius" or its just because very talented and experience people got together and did their job well with the pretentious(?) guy in upper management, because people ignore the team part completely, but it's how it looks to me. The whole thing with him and konami, for some reason people frame konami as villain, even if we had ZERO info about what actually happening.

Comment

Which leads to logical question and the reason why I'm not a fan of hype train around him: Does those games he made really because of a "Kojima genius" or its just because very talented and experience people got together and did their job well with the pretentious(?) guy in upper management, because people ignore the team part completely, but it's how it looks to me.
                            Well, its not directly Kojima Productions, but Guerilla games, responsible for the engine. So I wouldnt work with Kojima, but for him
                            http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/...uerrilla-games

But thats ok. It would have been exciting for me to write the horse-poop framework on MGSV

I think Kojima doesnt really have that much influence on Guerilla's hiring policies.
                            (Im not sure if Epic would appreciate it if I posted a job offer linke here ??)

The whole thing with him and konami, for some reason people frame konami as villain, even if we had ZERO info about what actually happening.
                            Actually, ZERO had all the information... :P
                            And now the weapon that surpasses Metal Gear is an armoured bipedal Pachinko machine..

Comment

Should've asked this earlier, are there any forum rules against derailing from the thread topic? I like this thread but it's become unrelated to Paper2D, is that against the forum rules? Since we keep bumping it and stuff LOL

Comment

is that against the forum rules? Since we keep bumping it and stuff LOL
                                Yeah, I also got the feeling it wandered a bit off topic.
                                But since there is not much news to discuss about Paper 2D ..

Comment

Working...
                                X