Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    I'm slightly worried about this rule (number 4) on all sponsor rules:

[MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] is that written in that form intentionally or just some oversight? Basically if it is what it says, it means we waive all our rights to our own jam entries to the sponsors.
    Oh. I'm glad you spotted this, because this is not okay. This is very not okay at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
      I'm slightly worried about this rule (number 4) on all sponsor rules:

[MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] is that written in that form intentionally or just some oversight? Basically if it is what it says, it means we waive all our rights to our own jam entries to the sponsors.
      I'm guessing the packaged build becomes their property, but certainly not the IP correct?
      Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
      Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
      Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
      Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
      Digital Portfolio

Comment

that rule has been in place since they put the rules in due to legality of copyrights.

it does relinquish a lot of rights to Epic but I've never seen them abuse it.
        it basically means they can show it on the Twitch Stream & publicize it however they want to, such as shows, conventions, videos etc. without worrying about copyright infringement or being sued basically.

as I said above I've never seen them abuse it in any form it's mainly to protect themselves.
        what you make is subject to public exposure so if you're that worried about it then don't use it or don't participate, it's up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Osok View Post
          I'm guessing the packaged build becomes their property, but certainly not the IP correct?
          The way that's phrased is ambiguous, and could be interpreted that they do get ownership of the IP, since it constitutes part of the entry.

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
          that rule has been in place since they put the rules in due to legality of copyrights.

it does relinquish a lot of rights to Epic but I've never seen them abuse it.
          it basically means they can show it on the Twitch Stream & publicize it however they want to, such as shows, conventions, videos etc. without worrying about copyright infringement or being sued basically.
          This clause hasn't been in previous jams, and it isn't normal. It normally says something like this:
          As a condition of entry, Contestants hereby provide a non-exclusive irrevocable worldwide license to Sponsor to use the Submission in any and all media throughout the world for the purpose of promoting the Contest and future versions of the Contest and Sponsor’s Unreal Engine marketing, but for no other purpose, without any additional compensation, the term of which shall be the entire life of the copyright

Comment

When you submit your entry you also sign away your soul.

Comment

Hey, I have removed the offending line. It was supposed to convey that the sponsors would not be "taking" the entry from you, but you are letting them "own" the submitted copy.

It wasn't necessary and has been removed now in the updated rules. Let me know if anything else is not clear or sounds ambiguous, I'm here to help.
              Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
              Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

We really appreciate your prompt response to this.
                Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
                Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
                Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
                Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
                Digital Portfolio

Comment

Agreed, thank you.
                  https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

sorry misread the post, thought it referred to a similar rule that had been in rules for a while

so thx Alexander & everyone for clearing that up

Comment

I have PM'd Alexander a few times now but we are still not on the list of entrants. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

(original post deleted - no longer relevant since Alex removed the line)
                        Last edited by CleanCut; 10-07-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Once again I am available my team was hit by Huricanne Mathew and they experience outages

So I repeats once again, programmer, 3D artist, music composer and sound designer, if you need help , pm me

Comment

Arrrgh, this theme is kicking my ****. Day 2 and I still don't have a game idea. Anyone got a bone they can throw my way?

Comment

Originally posted by ag858 View Post
                              Arrrgh, this theme is kicking my ****. Day 2 and I still don't have a game idea. Anyone got a bone they can throw my way?
                              My idea was sci fi western , space Cowboys death match in Clint Eastwood style

Comment

ag858 we feel ya brother - it's not that unusual actually

and I thought I was the only one!
                                usually takes me/us up to a day of knocking around ideas & trying to think out a plan to see if it's doable or not.
                                if you can find anyone to knock around ideas with helps tremendously preferably a gamer but even non-gamers may surprise you, luckily I have someone that helps and it's a great help indeed. if for no other reason but to help think thru the project idea & to be able to see things from a different perspective.

sometimes a game jam theme is more specific than others & this one can be perceived in lots of different ways. basically I think it's a revenge thing of a sort but if stuck try googling the idea / theme seems to help sometimes.
                                just remember to keep it simple as possible, be realistic, and plan as much as possible. planning helps you see if the idea is feasible.

anyway Good Luck - I'm sure you'll come up with something & will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X