No announcement yet.

March #UE4jam, March 10th-13th THEME: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should be fine ETerNia but you could send a Private Message to Alexander if you're still worried he won't notice your posts, just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
      you should be fine ETerNia but you could send a Private Message to Alexander if you're still worried he won't notice your posts, just to be sure.
      I sent PM both of them each 35 and 30 hours ago. but they dont answer not even submission PM.
      i am the leader of team and i feel like i am disappointing teammates. becuz they are asking me why but i dont know.

anyway thank you for the answers
      at least i feel better. because of your answers!
      i will trust them more and tell our teammates that we gonna be fine just they are busy for GDC

Comment

post mortem: Balloons, Bombs, A Boy, and An Alien

Mistake that still made it through:
        *Losing Condition* - thought the Alien Mad Meter was fixed but even after testing still made it through to packaged game.
        - Discovered during the live streams by: [MENTION=261]JvtheWanderer[/MENTION] & [MENTION=38406]VictorBurgos[/MENTION]
        - yes, during your streams you both should've DIED !!! :P
        - btw, Depth Perception worked and was intended! haha!

Planned Feature that Real Life interfered with at the last minute:
        *Balloons on Player Character* - tried spawning balloons on char to show when balloons were collected - issues with location
        thought of another method but wasn't enough time.

Planned Features that honestly just wasn't enough time, could blame this on Real Life but just part of a game jam sometimes:
        *Kids w/ Balloons* - wanted to add Kids that didn't turn lose of their balloon & floated up where the player could rescue them.
        *Matinees* - thought of an opening matinee but mainly wanted to get winning/losing matinees in.

There was a lot more ideas & features that time wouldn't allow & had to be left out that I won't mention. I'm sure we all have this issue.

But want to say thanks very much for the playthroughs to:
        JvtheWanderer - https://www.twitch.tv/jvthewanderer/
        VictorBurgos - https://www.twitch.tv/victorburgos_

Comment

Originally posted by ETerNia View Post
          I sent PM both of them each 35 and 30 hours ago. but they dont answer not even submission PM.
          i am the leader of team and i feel like i am disappointing teammates. becuz they are asking me why but i dont know.

i will trust them more and tell our teammates that we gonna be fine just they are busy for GDC
          You can always contact them on Twitter (@iveytron and [MENTION=332371]unrealalex[/MENTION]ander), it's safe that they read it there!
          Hobby game developer from Germany Follow me on Twitter!
          Stuff I made:
          Steam Workshop Tutorial/Wiki
          Making a full working translation for your game and change it at runtime
          GitPush plugin
          Multi-colored text in UMG

Comment

Just made a small update for my game "Blocks Unlimited", added hardcore mode and some UI improvements link
            Thanks everyone for playing, had a lot of fun this jam

Comment

Our team is in the same boat. I have PM'd both Chance and Alexander, but not response yet. Going to cross our fingers and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by FreemanNGT View Post
                Our team is in the same boat. I have PM'd both Chance and Alexander, but not response yet. Going to cross our fingers and wait.
                Don't stress. If you've PMed Chance and Alex it will get resolved eventually, they're just really busy.
                As others have suggested just send them a tweet.

Another option is during a Unreal Engine twitch, just PM them then through twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                  Don't stress. If you've PMed Chance and Alex it will get resolved eventually, they're just really busy.
                  As others have suggested just send them a tweet.

Another option is during a Unreal Engine twitch, just PM them then through twitch.
                  I've had the case before too, I wouldn't worry too much about the responsiveness via forum. If your entry is listed and you've done the required steps, you're in it.
                  Twitter | Twitch | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
                    post mortem: Balloons, Bombs, A Boy, and An Alien

Mistake that still made it through:
                    *Losing Condition* - thought the Alien Mad Meter was fixed but even after testing still made it through to packaged game.
                    - Discovered during the live streams by: [MENTION=261]JvtheWanderer[/MENTION] & [MENTION=38406]VictorBurgos[/MENTION]
                    - yes, during your streams you both should've DIED !!! :P
                    - btw, Depth Perception worked and was intended! haha!

Planned Feature that Real Life interfered with at the last minute:
                    *Balloons on Player Character* - tried spawning balloons on char to show when balloons were collected - issues with location
                    thought of another method but wasn't enough time.

Planned Features that honestly just wasn't enough time, could blame this on Real Life but just part of a game jam sometimes:
                    *Kids w/ Balloons* - wanted to add Kids that didn't turn lose of their balloon & floated up where the player could rescue them.
                    *Matinees* - thought of an opening matinee but mainly wanted to get winning/losing matinees in.

There was a lot more ideas & features that time wouldn't allow & had to be left out that I won't mention. I'm sure we all have this issue.

But want to say thanks very much for the playthroughs to:
                    JvtheWanderer - https://www.twitch.tv/jvthewanderer/
                    VictorBurgos - https://www.twitch.tv/victorburgos_
                    You are very welcome. It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot.
                    Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Available for Hire: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...uate-from-scad

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/VictorBurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Subscribe to www.youtube.com/c/victorburgosgames for UE4 Tutorials, Live Streams and also Past Streams.

Comment

Originally posted by JR4815 View Post
                      Just made a small update for my game "Blocks Unlimited", added hardcore mode and some UI improvements link
                      Thanks everyone for playing, had a lot of fun this jam
                      How can you improve on such awesomeness?!?!
                      Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Available for Hire: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...uate-from-scad

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/VictorBurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Subscribe to www.youtube.com/c/victorburgosgames for UE4 Tutorials, Live Streams and also Past Streams.

Comment

Great Ideas and Submissions!
                        I was working on one as well, living as a gold fish in first person in a fish bowl and reaching to the sky... just to jump out and ragdoll everything in the room.
                        Didn't finish, but the theme of this month was great!

Comment

Just stopped by to tell the creators of Cliffhanger how awesome game they made. I've spent the last hour reaching the top and hell, was it challenging and satisfying (plus listening to Two Steps From Hell at the same time kinda added to the experience). Great job!
                          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Nox_A15 View Post
                            Just stopped by to tell the creators of Cliffhanger how awesome game they made. I've spent the last hour reaching the top and hell, was it challenging and satisfying (plus listening to Two Steps From Hell at the same time kinda added to the experience). Great job!
                            Thank you, Nox_A15! Glad to hear you liked it =)

Comment

Working...
                            X