Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Training Stream - Tanks vs. Zombies C++ - Live From Epic HQ

WHAT
    We're kicking off a new C++ focused stream, with Richard and Lauren! We're making tanks to fight a zombie onslaught, using Paper2D. In the first stream, we'll go over the project overview and get started building our Tank and Turret. If we have enough time, we'll start building out our level with Tile Maps.

We're using a selection of sprites from Kenney.nl's asset packs (http://kenney.nl/assets). Download these two images, make sure you have VS2015 (with C++ enabled!) and 4.10 installed, and you'll be set to follow along!

The topics we are going to cover are:
    • Project Overview
    • Setting Up Your Development Environment
    • Starting the Project
    • Building Our Tank Pawn
    • Adding The Turret Actor
    • Tiling the Level

WHEN

Tuesday, Feb 16th @ 2:00PM-3:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Lauren Ridge - Training Content Creator @LRRidge
    Richard Hinckley - Sr Learning Resource Engineer

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it's not always possible to answer everyone's questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it's rather likely that we don't have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Archive:

Here's a link to the code we created: https://epicgames.box.com/s/1s4yt9e1...djau163f0be0yl
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Shadow.Storm; 02-17-2016, 04:37 PM. Reason: Adding tutorial assets
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Awesome! Look forward to it.
    Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
    Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
    Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
    Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
    Digital Portfolio

Comment

That is great. We need more C++ focused streams

Comment

Good! I'll mark the date down on my calendar! I do have one question though will the source code be available once the project is complete.

Comment

Thank you epic!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MatzeOGH View Post
            That is great. We need more C++ focused streams
            This so much, especially on advanced topic.

Comment

Will this broadcast be uploaded for those of us who will miss it?

Comment

But I just bought the C++ tutorial on Udemy... R.I.P 17$ :3
                https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

They usually post the source up front pretty quickly (see battery project). BUT, the actual UE4 project still not up...

teak
                  "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                  -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

I can't wait I'll see you guys tuesday.

Comment

I bought the Udemy C++ course too!! This training should be announced earlier.

Comment

This is going to be awesome !!

Comment

Perfect! I'm currently learning C++ in UE4, though I don't think I can attend the stream. I hope it will be uploaded somewhere once it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by flim View Post
                            I bought the Udemy C++ course too!! This training should be announced earlier.
                            Those are still good! They'll teach you different stuff than what we'll cover, so there's no loss on your part, only more good stuff.
                            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi everyone! Really glad you guys are excited for the stream next week. We will upload the video afterwards to YouTube and you'll be able to find it in our Live Training Stream Video Archive: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Videos...ining%20Stream. Source code will go up after each video so you'll be prepared for the next video in the series, too.

Scrolling through the outline for the Udemy C++ course, I think we'll definitely be covering different material, so no worries on that front. For our C++ tutorials, we generally try to build upon basic C++ knowledge of declaring classes, functions, and variables of basic data types with Unreal Engine-specific syntax and using the gameplay framework classes. The C++ course and these training streams should complement each other.

Tune in next Tuesday!

Comment

Working...
                              X