No announcement yet.

Epic MegaJam! October 8-15th, 2015. THEME: STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there's going to be a fair way for things like Titan X, but, since it's the "best" prize out of all of the prizes, I would say that, it should go to the WINNING TEAM over all, and then EPIC, randomly chooses a team member of that team. So, in essence, it goes to one of the more deserving folk.

Randomly selecting a participant, just because they entered...makes no sense at all.

A Titan X in a team competition really made no sense in the first place. That's about average, $1000 a pop. That's two 980s, threeish 970s, five 960s. Since the max team was five...should have just gone with a prize of max five 960s.

But if I win, can I just trade it in for a 980ti, which is cheaper and performs better? Just saying...
    Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

Comment

Game jam teams, please read!
      Deadline for anything here to be included on my personal stream is Monday, October 12th, 2015

Hello everyone! Because this is the mega jam, I want to do something a bit special too on my playthrough stream. I know there isn't many days of notice here, but even if a few of the teams signed up take part, I think it could be pretty cool.

I would like to have a library of 'brief intro videos' for any team who is willing to take part to play on my stream before I play their submission. Usually I pull up the forum post, read off the team names, and any team info they provide, but I want to up the game a bit and give teams a chance to introduce themselves. If this goes well, I'd like to take it one step further and create 'post jam' videos to create a mini documentary of the event using footage from everyone.

I'll be using Slack to coordinate with people to do this, so if you're entering the mega game jam, please join this Slack and lets get stuff going before the theme is announced, as I know yall will be too busy jamming to do this during the dev time. I don't have a contact list of the pre-registered teams but hopefully some of you see this. You can join the Slack here: https://unrealjammersslack.herokuapp.com/

If you don't have a team, maybe you can join the slack and find a team?

The goal is pretty simple. I'd like to give teams of one ~30-45 seconds to introduce themselves, talk about any past experience, and talk about the game jam itself. Teams of multiple people I'd like videos of about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I can do basic editing and splicing of videos, but teams that have 'pre-canned intro videos' would help so very much. These videos don't have to be high quality, could just be basic webcam footage, or really anything that just isn't offensive or copyrighted.

These videos can be structured any way you want, and you can introduce yourself/your team any way you want, as long as it's not vulgar, offensive, or uses copyrighted material. Please don't put in music. I would like the general talking points to be:

1. Who are you?
      2. What is your game development experience? i.e. hobbyist, AAA pro, etc
      3. Have you done any past game jams?
      4. Mention if you've ever been a finalist or anything like that
      5. Why are you wanting to do this game jam?
      6. What are your expectations from the game jam?
      7. General hype about the mega jam

InsaneByDesign supplied a recording of himself, sent it my way, and this is the final version that'll be in my stream. Thanks InsaneByDesign. A few teams have also already sent in some videos. He let me use it as an example for anyone trying to understand what I'm trying to aggregate:

If you have a team logo, sending a high res would be awesome too. If you send a team logo and a video, you'll get a cool little intro overlay thing. Example coming soon.

If you send just a logo, you'll get one of these playing before I play your game on my stream.

If you have any questions or want to submit a video, please join the Slack. https://unrealjammersslack.herokuapp.com/

I'd really like to get as many people involved as possible here. I think it could turn out to be a pretty awesome thing.

tl;dr: Get hyped:
      Last edited by Allar; 10-08-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Do we need to do this or is it optional?
        I would love to do this but my english is not the best
        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

when did you choose the participant team?(sry problem solved)
          Last edited by Erindi; 10-03-2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Allar taking this thing to a new level . If I see at least 15 teams doing this, I'm also in <3.
            Last edited by Ninjin; 10-03-2015, 06:08 PM.
            https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

I'm in.....looks like fun

Comment

Taking this gamejam a bit too seriously http://imgur.com/D5vZz5K
                Last edited by Gabriel9007; 10-04-2015, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Man, 79 teams already.

Comment

Originally posted by drekmonger View Post
                    Man, 79 teams already.
                    Make that 88 D:
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                      Make that 88 D:
                      Not bad!!!
                      Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
                      Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel9007 View Post
                        Taking this gamejam a bit too seriously http://imgur.com/D5vZz5K
                        So you start before the actual start time hoping that the theme will match your prototype ?

Comment

Epic, please try to make that Infinity Blade sound pack available again in time for the jam.
                          --

Comment

Originally posted by yamashi View Post
                            So you start before the actual start time hoping that the theme will match your prototype ?
                            No..we will polish it to match the theme.-__-

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel9007 View Post
                              No..we will polish it to match the theme.-__-
                              That err... Ruins the fun in the Gamejam. @Chance - Why don't the rules prevent this?
                              KITATUS
                              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                                That err... Ruins the fun in the Gamejam. @Chance - Why don't the rules prevent this?
                                The detailed rules will be posted when we announce the theme this Thursday. Though to be clear here, development of the project should not begin until we kick the event off with the theme announce and rules release
                                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                                X