Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Showdown VR Released for Free! - Live at Epic HQ

WHAT
    Ray Davis, Nick Whiting and Nick Donaldson join Chance on the livestream to discuss the creation and release of the exciting Showdown VR demo, available now for free. Before now, the only way to see Showdown was at industry events where demand was high, lines were long and demo slots often sold out. Now you can experience it in the comfort of your home or office!

WHEN
    Thursday, Sept. 3rd @ 2PM ET - [Countdown]

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Chance Ivey - Community Manager - @iveytron
    Ray Davis - General Manager - @EpicRayD
    Nick Donaldson - Sr. Designer
    Nick Whiting - Lead Programmer

Have questions for the team? Let's hear em!

Edit: The YouTube archive is now available here

Last edited by Ivey; 09-04-2015, 01:52 PM.
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Seems I just needed to quit and restart the launcher a few times before it showed up on the Learn tab... XD
    Last edited by WormSlayer; 09-02-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daveSchoneveld
      We tried to do a build Win64 on 4.9 and got this error (this is the end)

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 35.0279915s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=1
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR:
      Can you please make a bug report for this on the answer hub? That way we can make sure it gets looked into by a technician. Thanks!

Comment

right of course.
        www.youtube.com/user/destruct007

Comment

Awesome, time to learn from the pros!
          Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

Comment

This is brilliant! As you can see on my post in the VR dev section I made a massive blunder by having a dodgy sync cable from the tracker, but this is fab - great materials on the shop windows - I must see how you did that.

Have you set any switches or settings to get the performance? I've been experimenting with a game i'm working on and I can't escape the judders - are any of the new 0.7 features enabled?

Comment

Where is the download link for the demo?

Comment

sorry i got the same prob i dont see any download link, i mean not to sound (how to say that lol.. greedy??), but in my e-mail it said "availible now" ^^

thank you.

Comment

I also had received an email telling me that there is a free download as well as all the assets but no link to it or them. I have also seen many forums where people claim to love it and others keep asking for the link with no responses. Where are these people finding the link?

Comment

Nice! Should be a fun stream.
                    Join Unreal Slackers, the largest Unreal Engine communuty on Discord! → https://unrealslackers.org
                    Have a question? Give me a shout on Twitter → https://twitter.com/heypfist

Comment

Originally posted by JakeCreate View Post
                      Where is the download link for the demo?

Originally posted by teringlijer View Post
                      sorry i got the same prob i dont see any download link, i mean not to sound (how to say that lol.. greedy??), but in my e-mail it said "availible now" ^^

thank you.
                      I'm not sure if you guys read the e-mail carefully but Showdown demo is the Learn tab of the Launcher
                      UE4 blog: www.michalorzelek.com/blog/ - Tutorials, free content and more!

Comment

Originally posted by teringlijer View Post

thank you.
                        It's in the launcher's Learn tab. It won't appear until you refresh the launcher by closing and reopening the launcher.

Comment

You guys are the best! I've been dying to try Showdown since OC 2014.

Comment

All of the Nicks! Looking forward to this. Aren't there any more Nicks by the way? Feels like there should be more of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Xenome View Post
                              All of the Nicks! Looking forward to this. Aren't there any more Nicks by the way? Feels like there should be more of them...
                              Other Epic Nicks: Darnell, Atamas, Bullard-Bradley, Penwarden... The list goes on
                              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                              X