Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allar View Post
    Access denied D:
    Did you open it with windows because just opening the zip file wont work.

Comment

Fish Racing Simulator Video - Sorry we're still trying to get it uploaded.

Comment

Wow! Niiiiiice! So many killer entries! I just finished downloading all of them and now it's time to crank through them and decide on the winners. We have our work cut out for us, eh Chance?
        Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
        Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
          Wow! Niiiiiice! So many killer entries! I just finished downloading all of them and now it's time to crank through them and decide on the winners. We have our work cut out for us, eh Chance?
          I spent 3 hours watching a stream that only got through like 6 games, have fun
          Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
          Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Ha. After watching Allar play my game (Deep Down Below) on the Twitch stream, I saw how easily the game is broken. But it was fun non-the-less.

To sum it up, incase anyone plays it that didn't see his stream:

The game was meant to be an "immersive-exploration", with few gameplay "ideas" roughed in, but never actually fleshed out. So there is a set path, however various blocking that was meant to happen never were implemented, allowing for various parts where you can fall off. The Kill-Z wasn't implemented correctly, and the idea is that there is no "fall death" for the idea that the game is about trying not to sink, so if you fall you will have a long/dangerous way back up, however the way to return never made the cut. So you only sink. If you do manage to fall, you come to the end rather quickly, and the ending is triggered (but doesn't exit the game unfortunately).

As said earlier, the Light Grenades/Spheres were extremely buggy, they fall through a lot of things. And apparently, if a light grenade hits the trigger volume for the end of the game, it triggers the end-game screen (which is why half his game had it up, and the ending animations were played already), he threw grenades a lot, one would of rolled down, and the natural slope of the landscape "guides" the player to the trigger. Which actually guided the light spheres right into it. Most of the enemy fish were missing in his play through, because again, the grenade roll through the building, and the fish simply have a radius check and run after them if a grenade is so close, before dying. So his grenades would of grabbed all the enemy fish before he ever got to them.

The goal was mainly just to see how people felt about the atmosphere as it's an idea I was considering turning into a real game later, with a more free-roam approach. So reaching the treasure chest was the "goal". Again, I attempted to use environmental clues to guide the player, such as the broken holes in the wall, the pillar, landscape and debre build up creating pathways. But it's easy to stray off the path and break the game.

With all that said, I still had my fun trying to pump something out in a few days.

Edit:
            To Allar: Also, to answer your question "What building is this tall?" the answer is the "Chrysler Building". Which is what you're inside at the beginning of the game, the building is 925ft or 281.94m tall. Just as an FYI
            Last edited by IrishKilter; 08-18-2015, 10:44 AM.
            Pocket Sized Animations

Comment

Avolanty here, one of the devs here from Fishermans Dream, if you want a hint on those water platforms some of them you can grab with "R" and move them around, you can also use the hook shot "Chain" on them to pull them towards you. We wanted to include an acid effect that would hurt the player if they got into the water, but we ran out of time. See if you can get through the game without staying in the liquid for more then 10 seconds. Also the Wisps change to different effects when you fight them in case you didn't catch that.

Thanks again for playing if you already tried it out

Comment

Hi Guys,
                Since Sunday I've made some changes to my Battle Boats August 2015 GameJam project. In addition to fixing the flag capture bug I have also managed to include the UMG MiniMap from the marketplace. With a little luck, I will have a "Rev2" download available on my google drive tomorrow. Sorry for the delay but my upload speeds are just flat awful.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HZjOVFQUmVLQ2M

Comment

Fishermans Dream is getting that polish it needed, we will update you when we get it done. A lot of us ran on vapors on the fifth day so bare with us

Comment

Originally posted by IrishKilter View Post
                    To Allar: Also, to answer your question "What building is this tall?" the answer is the "Chrysler Building". Which is what you're inside at the beginning of the game, the building is 925ft or 281.94m tall. Just as an FYI
                    Well ****.

Attached Files

Comment

Hey Alexander, I must have overlooked the stream time. Did you end up beating my little game? There are 3 levels. 3rd level being just a simple ending. I wasn't sure if I made the 1st level too hard with all the zombies or the hint in my description that there is a way to open the metal doors by weld cutting too vague. My girlfriend figured it out and beat it so I thought it was manageable.

Just hoping you knew there was more than a first level since I didn't supply hints due to the theme and also so you know he was deep underground as the ending bit you weld open the gate and run up a long flight of stairs with the light of the outside world rushing over the walls and stairs more and more as you get closer to the exit which leads to the outside. In a way, ever so slightly this once again brushes upon the theme you gave us of being somewhere deep down.
                      Last edited by DeDareDevil; 08-19-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

David from the Sir Chance project here - Congrats on making all the great games, everyone, and thanks so much for naming us one of the winners! I was worried our patch didn't go online soon enough when I saw Allar playing the bugged version, and unfortunately we still weren't able to get all the bugs out in time, but I'm glad everyone had fun with our little speed run shortcut

This was our first game jam, and I have to say I'm especially impressed by all the games I saw without major bugs. So many entries were so clean.
                        David Anderson
                        BOILERPLATE STUDIOS
                        http://boilerplatestudios.blogspot.com/
                        https://twitter.com/DBBoilerplate

Comment

Originally posted by DavidA3D View Post
                          David from the Sir Chance project here - Congrats on making all the great games, everyone, and thanks so much for naming us one of the winners! I was worried our patch didn't go online soon enough when I saw Allar playing the bugged version, and unfortunately we still weren't able to get all the bugs out in time, but I'm glad everyone had fun with our little speed run shortcut

This was our first game jam, and I have to say I'm especially impressed by all the games I saw without major bugs. So many entries were so clean.
                          Awesome entry!

I'm really sorry about it in the stream. It was going perfectly until we went live, then I managed to keep breaking it.

Thanks everyone who entered! And congratulations to our winners! I'll be emailing all of you for shipping info and t-shirt sizes, but feel free to PM me with the info if it's easier for ya!
                          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

From everyone at Team Splash Bully: Thanks so much to everyone who enjoyed our game, Super Summer Ninja Pool Party Supreme. This was a fabulous first game jam experience. There were so many amazing games made in such little time! We are really honored to be picked as one of the top 3.
                            http://www.shopcatstudios.com/

Comment

On behalf of SVNIsBroken I would like to give thanks to Epic for this awesome experience! There is no greater feeling than watching other people really enjoy something you've invested hard work to make, we're ecstatic with the response we've gotten for "Escape the Well".

We're currently working on a full release for iOS devices and other platforms following that, so please look forward to it

And finally, we're also strongly considering starting up a development blog for the sake of contributing to this community, to share the things we learn and our experiences with developing in UE4. More details later

Comment

Congrats Vaei! We learned alot!
                                Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Working...
                                X