July #UE4JAM, July 23-26th, Theme: ROCKET AND ROLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skylerWithAnE View Post
    Can anyone take a glance at my crash log? I've been mucking with it for nearly 3 hours, and unfortunately, I have to admit defeat this game jam.

http://pastebin.com/zu6q0fS9
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nflicting.html - Here's what I found

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ems-ue-48.html - This too.

The two errors I managed to see:

[2015.07.27-06.16.15:537][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogUnrealMath:Error: FMatrix::InverseFast(), trying to invert a NIL matrix, this results in NaNs! Use Inverse() instead.
    [2015.07.27-06.16.15:537][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogTextLocalizationManager:Warning: Loaded localization resources contain conflicting entries for (Namespace:ContentBrowser, Key:ImportAssetToolTip):
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by Prednisone View Post
      First time game jammers here! Started a tad late, but lots of fun

NOTE: best played 3v3

Team Tivaru

Team Members:
      Bart (Bart_95)
      Tim (Prednisone)
      Laura

Project Name: KABOUNCE!
      Is that an edge shader using the normal layer? I started working on a project for the gamejam that looked literally identical to that screenshot, didn't start until late so I haven't finished / entered in time but I thought it was weird, same colours and style and similar game concept by the sounds of it. Downloading

Comment

Originally posted by uunx View Post
        Is that an edge shader using the normal layer? I started working on a project for the gamejam that looked literally identical to that screenshot, didn't start until late so I haven't finished / entered in time but I thought it was weird, same colours and style and similar game concept by the sounds of it. Downloading
        Post processing effect, with emissive materials and altered skybox though.

Hopefully it isn't the same gameplay at least! :P
        PORTFOLIO

Comment

It seems like there is some division by zero going on somewhere. Maybe this causes the crash.
          July's GameJam Entry: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post341226

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nflicting.html - Here's what I found

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ems-ue-48.html - This too.

The two errors I managed to see:

[2015.07.27-06.16.15:537][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogUnrealMath:Error: FMatrix::InverseFast(), trying to invert a NIL matrix, this results in NaNs! Use Inverse() instead.
            [2015.07.27-06.16.15:537][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogTextLocalizationManager:Warning: Loaded localization resources contain conflicting entries for (Namespace:ContentBrowser, Key:ImportAssetToolTip):
            I saw those lines. I didn't write any code for the game, just blueprint. So, I didn't intentionally use FMatrix. The answer hub you linked mentioned ISMs, I use those in several blueprints.
            I don't think the localization error messages are killing the build. I think I'll try removing some ISMs and see what happens. I really want to get this built and posted before I have to sleep.

Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, super late, I'm fine if you disqualify me for that or the fact I'm using a Doge Meme, but it's my first time and stuff and I really really didn't want to say no to this GameJam again, so I tried it with a friend I meet online, mimimi... here it is <3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_k...ew?usp=sharing

Team Members: Ninjin, Callirius
              Dogeventures Episode 1: Dogeball

Everything you need to know is in the Readme, except you can also jump with spacebar and take care, the game sounds are loud <3.
              *Hopefully this one is good enough for a laugh... or 2 <3.
              Last edited by Ninjin; 07-27-2015, 03:07 AM.
              https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

Went to pm you our info and "Alexander Paschall has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
                Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

Comment

Hey,

great submittions!

I had some problems with the cooking, so I won't make it in time, I will still upload it after work if I'm getting it to work (so in about 12hours from now), I doesn't really matter if don't make it into the submissions..
                  Had great fun while prototyping

Comment

"good design is not when you have nothing left to add, it is when you have nothing left to take away"

Met a cool dude at the Vancouver Vive jam last weekend. Spent this weekend with him. This is what happened.

Team name = alex and alex

Submission Name = Nexsumo

Download Link = https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2qbt06em8...xsumo.zip?dl=0

Description = Sumo Balls

Two to Four controllers are needed for the optimal experience (However a single player "target practice" mode will activate if launched with only keyboard)

Comment

Originally posted by DwunkyPengy View Post
                      Went to pm you our info and "Alexander Paschall has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
                      Yup, can't submit the info. Will check later tomorrow to see if he's able to get messages. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Prednisone View Post
                        Post processing effect, with emissive materials and altered skybox though.

Hopefully it isn't the same gameplay at least! :P
                        It was similar, except rather than bouncing from pinball things it was firing rockets which "rolled" around curves / walls.

I was using the same shader as I made for this: http://www.twitch.tv/uunx/c/4799470 along with emissive things. Great minds eh ;}

Comment

Originally posted by LlordDominik View Post
                          Team Name: LlordDominik and Friends
                          Team:
                          - Jesse Lloyd-Dominik - Game Design
                          - Mattan Dangus - Music
                          Submission: LlordDominikandFriends_RocketBall

Description:
                          Rocket Ball is late for lunch. Get there on time. Blow stuff up, roll around obstacles. Eat (Blow up) your lunch if you make it

Controls:
                          WASD: Roll
                          Space: Jump in place
                          Left Mouse: Rockets
                          Right Mouse: Charge Speed Boost (Hold to charge)

Link: Rocket Ball

I unfortunately didn't have much time to work on the game. I was luckily able to through together some music with a good friend.
                          Need permission to download D:

Can you make this public?

Comment

I still get this message when I try to fullfill the PM part of the submission
                            "Alexander Paschall has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Comment

Hi, we are SyGiFox, here to present you Razrolio!

Team Members:
                              - Simone Di Gravio [Game Programmer/Game Designer/VFX]
                              - Mara Smargiassi [3D/2D Artist]

Submission: Razrolio

What would happen if the most famous music stars of all times were to fight for a piece of paradise? Rockets, rockets and more rockets!
                              Elvis will make Bob explode in a thousand little pieces scattering through the galaxy..
                              Bob will immerse himself in the smoking trail of his huge rocket..
                              And you? What will you do to dominate this planet?
                              Who will you choose to be your pawn?
                              Will you hide in the darkest corners or will you stand high and proud in the middle of the fight?
                              The answer to this and many more questions (such as, but not limited to: "Why do we exist?", "Is there extraterrestrial life?", "Are the developers tired of not sleeping for days?") will be found only in one place.. RAZROLIO!

Description:
                              The objective of the game is to shoot rockets and destroy your friends, while trying not to blow yourself up! So select your favourite star and rocket on!
                              The programmer of the game was probably drunk when creating the movement component of the pawns.. so he decided it'd be a good idea to make the rotation of the gun dependent on the movement of the character. Ewwwww!
                              Crystals explode when hit and you will die if a rocket detonates too close to your favourite musician.

Known Issues:
                              Currently there's no official server-controlled ending to the game. Just restart by pressing "R" on the host.
                              No NAT punch-through supported as of now; you will have to port forward port 7777 to host (or just try and use Hamachi).

Controls:
                              WASD: Move (Watch out, you're gonna rotate as well in the meantime!)
                              Left Mouse: Fire Rocket
                              Right Mouse: Manually Detonate Last Rocket
                              F: Toggle Light
                              R: Restart Level (When playing from the server machine)
                              QE (or arrow buttons): Cycle Characters in Character Selection Screen

LINK: Razrolio DOWNLOAD

Comment

Man these are some AWESOME submissions!

Comment

Working...
                                X